Anybody else have a new project thats going to be out this season?

-

get dustd

Reaction score
I have a Duster project thats I started building when i was 18 and I am 21 now as of a few months ago. I am finally about to drive it around the block for the first time. I am very excited about it as its been a big long expensive adventure for me. I bought an extremely bare 72 b5 blue duster with a 10 point moly roll bar in it. completely rust free very nice car with fresh paint. I mini tubbed it and relocated the springs and installed full caltracs setup and narrowed a 9" housing to fit. The cars on a 315/60 drag radial with a turbo400 that i made a new crossmember setup for. I accually built the transmission myself and installed a Tbrake in it. I dynoed it but im still alittle nervous about it. I also built a 499CI 230 casting 400 block with billet cnc machined side bolt mains and its halfway filled with hardblock with eagle crank and rods and custom diamond pistons. I have indy 440ez-1 heads with alot of porting hours into them with an indy intake and a 825cfm speed demon carb. The motor made 680something on the engine dyno with over a 600hp average between 4-6300rpm. I have wilwood brakes on all four corners with pro star bigs and littles. What do you guys think? the care is pretty bare bones but i still have all working lights and horn and stuff. The interior is pretty bare right now because i want to see what it runs before i piece an interior together. Right now its just lightwieght carpet with a bare dash with custom guage cluster and 2 kirkey seats.

Does anybody have a similar big block A body? What does it weigh? Im not really sure what to expect for wieght. I hope its around 3000lbs but I have a feeling its going to be heavyer. The car has no wipers or anything at all that i dont need to drive it. the hood and bumpers are fiberglass.
Ill get some pics up when i get home from school but what do you guys think about my frankenstien duster?

Sounds like you're gonna have a serious monster on your hands. Good luck! and hang on tight!!!!!!!!

WOW! that thing sounds very nice. PIC PIC PIC.

A little over 3000 pounds sounds about right to me. I weighed my stock 340 dart at a scale it was 3330 pounds with a full tank of gas and a full size spare tire in the trunk.

uhm ya.. my 19 year project will be out this season !! Finally.

-RPM

-
Back