Anybody ever tried this little gizmo?

-
Back in my teen years, I'd put a layer of aluminum screen under the carb to help with atomization. Loved doing little tricks like that. I was also coiling fuel line in ice coolers to cool the carb on the track. Good times, good memories.

Back in my teen years, I'd put a layer of aluminum screen under the carb to help with atomization. Loved doing little tricks like that. I was also coiling fuel line in ice coolers to cool the carb on the track. Good times, good memories.
Yea, cool cans have been around since the Egyptians started on the pyramids
Lol

92b,
I never said distribution was perfect, & therefore the plate would change that. I merely said distribution would be affected......[ Post #41 ]. Whether the way the plate changes the distribution, & the engine makes more...or less...HP would be hard to say.
There is another explanation, other than distribution changes, for the plate requiring less pump shot & curing a flat spot. It takes up area, which will increase the air speed; that should improve carb signal &/or atomisation, in effect making the carb look smaller to the engine.

I would imagine these would make "squirter pullover" much worse. That is something the BLP squirter is trying to prevent.
Well, I tried the BLP discharge nozzle on Vixen's QFT 450 today. For almost four hours. No amount of dickin with it resulted in any fuel being discharged. Nothing. I tried everything. Clearing the four discharge holes with a very small drill bit...small enough to insert by hand and remove no metal. I tried no lower gasket and with the lower gasket. I even tried making the chamfer on the bottom side just a tad bigger thinking it wasn't enough to allow fuel to flow past the screw. Nothing. After four agonizing hours with my back bent the hell over, I gave up and put the old QFT/Holley style nozzle back on. Small amount of money spent, but big disappointment. I cannot recommend them.

Well, I tried the BLP discharge nozzle on Vixen's QFT 450 today. For almost four hours. No amount of dickin with it resulted in any fuel being discharged. Nothing. I tried everything. Clearing the four discharge holes with a very small drill bit...small enough to insert by hand and remove no metal. I tried no lower gasket and with the lower gasket. I even tried making the chamfer on the bottom side just a tad bigger thinking it wasn't enough to allow fuel to flow past the screw. Nothing. After four agonizing hours with my back bent the hell over, I gave up and put the old QFT/Holley style nozzle back on. Small amount of money spent, but big disappointment. I cannot recommend them.
After your back heals up, try it without the check weight. Or because it can be difficult to get the weght out, loosen the nozzel screw a couple turns. I had a nozzle that wouldn't squirt and ended up grinding a little off the bottom of the screw. Some require a hollow screw also. Good luck.

After your back heals up, try it without the check weight. Or because it can be difficult to get the weght out, loosen the nozzel screw a couple turns. I had a nozzle that wouldn't squirt and ended up grinding a little off the bottom of the screw. Some require a hollow screw also. Good luck.
I found out what the issue is. I emalied BLP and let them know the issue I ran into. They said I was sent some first generation nozzles that are shorter in height and allow the retaining screw to bottom on top of the check valve. They're sending out some newer ones at no charge, and said they would even send some more if I wanted to return these that I have. Can't ask for more than that. So we'll see how these work.

I found out what the issue is. I emalied BLP and let them know the issue I ran into. They said I was sent some first generation nozzles that are shorter in height and allow the retaining screw to bottom on top of the check valve. They're sending out some newer ones at no charge, and said they would even send some more if I wanted to return these that I have. Can't ask for more than that. So we'll see how these work.
Only thing you can ask for is that they sent you something in the first place that worked

I got the replacement nozzles today. They are the correct length so the retaining screw will not bottom out. I'll put one on the truck first, as I have Vixen on jack stands making a feeble attempt at body work.

I know it’s the holidays….but inquiring mind want to know. ;)

I know it’s the holidays….but inquiring mind want to know. ;)
I didn't get out there today. I will update tomorrow. I'd probably puke down the carburetor at this point.

:rofl: I here ya.
I got one of them on Gladys, my truck today. It works. lol We have a couple of errands to run tomorrow so we'll see what happens. I'll put the other one on Vixen some time this week. Now, I will have the two short ones left. I filed a little on one thinking maybe the notch was not quite wide enough. The other one is untouched. The one I filed on though is fine and will still work as designed. I will be glad to send any of yall one if you want to try it, just know you will need a shorter nozzle screw, or you can shorten the one you have.

-
Back