anybody ever use spray on bedliner?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to do my trunk in a spray on bedliner...its called EZ liner and its made by Dominion Sure Seal Co. Has anybody ever used this stuff before? if so, how did it hold up, and is it paintable? it doesn't say on the can if its paintable, but i would definatly like to paint over it since my trunk will be getting bodycolour as well....let me know

I used Dupli Color's version of that stuff on the bed of my 1985 Ram. Dupli Color's is able to be thinned with Acetone, which I did, and sprayed it through with an old, cheap gun I had laying around. It went on nice and was very durable, I put 3 coats on to build it up. As far as being paintable, try calling the manufacturer, ther should be a number on the can or maybe the place you bought it might have a number. Good luck.

tried calling the company, but it just gives me a message machine in which you need to express your concern and wait for the department to call you back...i called at 2 yesterday and they close at 5.....no replies....pretty lousy techline if you ask me....gonna try again on monday....does anybody else out there have experience with a similar product and know whether or not its paintable?

I have the Rhino Liner on my truck and I have heard they can add a dye to it to match your paint color. The liner that I have I would say no you can not paint over it.

What do you plan on putting in your trunk? I have always heard that the bedliner products are good for trucks that get a lot of abusive use. IMHO they look like crap on a nice unabused vehicle. I would think a nice paint application in the trunk area would be sufficient protection.

I don't think that they would be paintable. As blk00rt stated, many of the commercial types can be tinted. What color are you wanting it to be?

I priced a commercial application last week for my Duster, a product called "Quik liner". Just to do the trunk area inside, underneath the car from the rear wheel well back and the front inner fenders - quote was $399 if I bring the car to them (it is presently on a rotisserie). I really liked the product much better than the over the counter products available as it stays somewhat pliable and would be a thicker layer. I think they can look real good myself, definately work to seal up any potential leaks - there is a lot of caulk and seam sealer on our cars from the factory, and, they can cover up a lot of amateur welding in my case! I am more interested in the practical aspects of having the car sealed tight as I don't (or won't) have much on it that is numbers matching.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.
C

well the reason i was thinking of using it in the first place was to cover up the unsmoothness of a product that i used called rust bullet....i talked to my local paint supply guy and he also said that he doesnt think it can be painted...i think im just going to return it and buy some rocker guard...i used it on the inner rear wheelwells after i finished my tubs and it turned out good, plus i think it is paintable....i just need a durable tough finish to cover up the rust bullet since it didnt exactly go on the smoothest (dont ask lol)

Raptor is the product name,i think,made by upol.They have it in black,or tintable,with regular car paint.This product has a semi gloss,or better apperance,im gonna have some tinted hemi orange and do my floorpans,and trunk area with it.Of course,its not as thick as rhino liner,but its not ugly and flat either.Oh,and its less than $100.00 here,comes with an aplicator gun,like an industrial undercoating gun too.

Is there anything out there that duplicates the factory rough finish undercoating?

well the reason i was thinking of using it in the first place was to cover up the unsmoothness of a product that i used called rust bullet....i talked to my local paint supply guy and he also said that he doesnt think it can be painted...i think im just going to return it and buy some rocker guard...i used it on the inner rear wheelwells after i finished my tubs and it turned out good, plus i think it is paintable....i just need a durable tough finish to cover up the rust bullet since it didnt exactly go on the smoothest (dont ask lol)

Have you thought of using Zolatone 20 series spatter paint? Zolatone is available in a bunch of colors and is awesome at covering up any imperfections the panels may already have.

I went to a car show several months ago and there was a guy with a '68 Dart that Zolatoned his entire trunk and man did it look sweet!

Here's their url: http://www.zolatoneaim.com/index.html

im thinking of using rocker guard from Dominion sure seal co....i used it on the inside of my tubs after doing the minitub and it looked pretty good, and its paintable too, so i think im going to try that

-
Back