Anybody got their Christmas tree up?

-
Thank you so much for asking. If you were able and near you all would be welcome in our home. Sorry for the delay, I was busy collecting my present today! :) But I also like to enjoy this in the dark. Stacey did a couple new displays this year. She is a handy girl. I am blessed to have the most decoratey wife I know! This is generations of ornaments so she loves to get it all out. The majority are homemade. Even some of my handy work as a child in there! From current Moms to Moms passed, they all have a story. Our family has spread, but we all get back together at this time of year.
Merry Christmas everyone from my home to yours.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this won't begin to compare with gdrill's effort, but we hadn't had a Christmas tree in years. This fall I was captivated by the artificial trees Costco had on display, with lights that alternated between white and blue/red. Told my wife I was gonna buy one, seven feet tall for a bit under $500. She thought that was too much money. Son-in-law pipes up, says they have one in their attic he bought at a garage sale for $10. Did we want it? I said, bring it by and let's take a look at it.

Lights on this one are white only, but they twinkle on and off, plus it has a small motor at the bottom that slowly rotates it around. Son-in-law gave it to us for free. We had to move a display table to the dining room and turn the loveseat 90 degrees to make room for it. But then it fit perfectly. Grandkids added some decorations and - voila! It reminds me of grandma and grandpa's house at Christmas time, except that now we are grandma and grandpa. We'll have presents under the tree before our family Christmas get-together.

1702267254061.jpeg

Just cut it down yesterday. I try to get a tree from the wild each year. It is kind of a Christmas tradition from my childhood. I will stand it up and the wife will trim it next week.

Jack

-
Back