anybody know

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get new bulkhead connectors for a 68 cuda? I just need the plastic part as my wiring harness is in excellent shape but when I stripped the engine bay in June to paint it 2 of the bulkhead plugs broke due to being brittle. It's the retaining part of them that broke. They still plug in but I;m afraid they vibrate loose. I've searched e-bay and all the vendors I can think of but can't find anything.

Thanks, Tracy

Good thread fishy68, Im not there yet but I will probably be needing a new one as well. Anyone have any experience with these guys???

Unless you HAVE to have it why would you want to keep it?? Never understood, other than the ability to change the under hood wiring harness, why that thing is there. Every vehicle that I have ever had electrical issues was it was always at a plug somewhere.:axe:

Unless you HAVE to have it why would you want to keep it?? Never understood, other than the ability to change the under hood wiring harness, why that thing is there. Every vehicle that I have ever had electrical issues was it was always at a plug somewhere.:axe:

I agree the bulkhead is most benificial to the assembly line but it can beefit diagnosis/trouble shooting. If the problem was always there for you that's great. I'm going to assume you were seperating the bulkhead connector to determine wheather the fault was inside or outside and stumbled onto the fault there between the two. Without the common place where would you look ?
Then there's the question of how to delete it ? What else fits the square opening in the firewall ?
NAPA stores have replacement terminals for the bulkhead connectors both male and female. I have decent used connectors as I'm sure others do. Keep in mind that each one of the 3 are keyed different.

I agree the bulkhead is most benificial to the assembly line but it can beefit diagnosis/trouble shooting. If the problem was always there for you that's great. I'm going to assume you were seperating the bulkhead connector to determine wheather the fault was inside or outside and stumbled onto the fault there between the two. Without the common place where would you look ?
Then there's the question of how to delete it ? What else fits the square opening in the firewall ?
NAPA stores have replacement terminals for the bulkhead connectors both male and female. I have decent used connectors as I'm sure others do. Keep in mind that each one of the 3 are keyed different.
As far as deleting it, a simple plate over the hole and a grommet in the firewall. What I meant was every vehicle, not just old Mopars that I have ever had electrical problems it was always in a plug some where. Anywhere there is a connection you are bound to get corrosion. I quess what I am trying to say the majority of electrical issues, for me at least, are related to a plug some where so why not do away with the plugs?? To troubleshoot just probe at the beginning of a circuit and the tail end, it has always worked for me. If the bulkhead connection is not there than it can not cause a problem.....

Here is one source. Check about half-way down the page.

http://www.evanswiring.com/catalog.htm

thanks FB. I'll check into it.

So the car looks somewhat original. I am an electronics major so I have absolutely no problem finding electrical problems and I could easily change it out for something else but choose not to, just as you choose not to keep it.

BTW: my harness had no problems but I stripped the engine bay to have it re-painted and broke one of the locating tabs off. I'm sure it'd work like it is but it's possible vibrations would make it come apart.

Hum... My NAPA has nothing but the standard boxed terminal's. A few yrs. ago I found some of the electrical terminals at the local GM dealer as they have a huge assortment of them. this time I don't need terminals, just a connector. I noticed all 3 bulkhead connectors are different. I'm sure that's so the line workers (and mechanics) don't plug them in wrong. Actually 2 of my connectors broke when I pulled it apart. I had 1 extra but not the other.

Hum... My NAPA has nothing but the standard boxed terminal's. A few yrs. ago I found some of the electrical terminals at the local GM dealer as they have a huge assortment of them. this time I don't need terminals, just a connector. I noticed all 3 bulkhead connectors are different. I'm sure that's so the line workers (and mechanics) don't plug them in wrong. Actually 2 of my connectors broke when I pulled it apart. I had 1 extra but not the other.

I had to ask for them. They weren't hanging out with all the insulated terminals on a peg board. I've got the part numbers here in another similar thread.

I had to ask for them. They weren't hanging out with all the insulated terminals on a peg board. I've got the part numbers here in another similar thread.

Ok. Maybe they have something now they didn't then because we looked through all their catalogs and couldn't find correct ones. Found some close but not exact.

You should be able to get the terminals (m & f) thru Terminal Supply (terminalsupplyco.com) in the Packard 56 and 59 series.

You should be able to get the terminals (m & f) thru Terminal Supply (terminalsupplyco.com) in the Packard 56 and 59 series.

Thanks Dartman but as I mentioned earlier I don't need terminals. Just a plastic connector. In 2006 I rebuilt the harness completely except I couldn't find new connectors. Redfish and I were talking about terminals so sorry for the confusion.

I will keep that info in mind though in case I ever rebuild one again. Thanks

-
Back