anybody see a clearance problem?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hot and heavy on my 71 Duster finally, it sat for 3 years untouched. Well before it sat, I trailered it 100 miles away to a friends shop, and we worked every Saturday installing a cage, boxing in the lower core support to framerails, and installing the XV mod. Tubes running from the cowl to the upper shock mounts. Well I matured and got soft over the years, and now I just want a great driver, not a track bruiser! The cage has been removed, and now I am looking at the cowl to shock braces, and second guessing myself. Questionning if my 245/40/17's are gonna fit without hitting those tubes, and still give me full range of motion. Take a look at the pics and your crystal balls, and give me some opinions. If any of you have pics of your front ends with rolling stock mounted and fenders off, they would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone. Dan:burnout:

Attachments

• IMG_0197[1].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0198[1].jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0199[1].jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0200[1].jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0201[1].jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 207
Hello....anyone? Has anybody put big wheels on thier frontends and have an idea if this is gonna hit or not?

Also that tire is 24.7 tall The width is 9.8 tread width Thes are all approx so don't throw me on the chopping block......

Just and example 2456014 is 25.6 tall and and well the sec width is 9.8

So yes it is a good size tire.... also what off set do you have, it will probably hit fenders.. get it down to approx ride height and get the tape out

The rim is a 17 x 8 with 4.75" offset. After I get it stripped and primed I will temporarily install the new k member with everything else and mount up the wheel. Then without the t bar installed I will work the wheel through all the range os motion.

with a stock ride height I don't think theres much of a problem, here, but if your gonna lower the front you might have to remove the bars...

-
Back