Anybody using scarebird disc conversion

-

LImopar

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there has used the scarebird disc brake conversion. I have a 70 dart with manual drums all around. I was wondering how hard the conversion is ie, master cylinder, proportioning valve ect. Another question I have is whether mopar steel wheels will clear the Chevy celebrity calipers that you use with the conversion. I want to stay small bolt patter as I have a number of 14 inch and 15 inch steelies that I could use. I really do not want to go with ralleye wheels. Any info would be helpful.

I was so close to using the Scarebird kit that I bought a spare pair of hubs for my '66 Valiant. Went with '75 Duster brakes instead. The deal breaker for me was being stuck with Rallye wheels and having Blowtie parts on my Mopar. The kit instructions state that the only wheel that will clear the rotor is Rallyes. The standard steelies won't clear and I don't want to turn it into a Chebbie one part at a time. You may feel differently about it though.

LOL...I'm with you. I won't buy a GM product, so why the heck would I put GM parts on my Mopar? :toothy10:

-
Back