Anyone build their own engine run stands?

-

Badart

Reaction score
I want to build one and need some ideas. My 360 is done and I haven't even started on paint and body yet. It would be nice the hear the thing come to life for some motivation. Let's see pics of what you did for ignition, fuel setup and gauges.

Badart I don't have a response for you on this but if you do a search on the internet look up hemihaynes web site he runs a couple of hemi's in his driveway on a homemade stand.Also do you still have some of your radiator supports for sale?

Badart I don't have a response for you on this but if you do a search on the internet look up hemihaynes web site he runs a couple of hemi's in his driveway on a homemade stand.Also do you still have some of your radiator supports for sale?

Thanks for the advice. I do have many more radiator supports. I plan on building them as long as people buy them.

Thanks he is a really nice guy to deal with by the way so he might even tell you how he did it. When you do the rad.supports do do cut it all off from the frame with a spot weld cutter?

Thanks he is a really nice guy to deal with by the way so he might even tell you how he did it. When you do the rad.supports do do cut it all off from the frame with a spot weld cutter?

You can drill out the spot welds and replace the factory piece or you can just simply weld it in behind the factory piece. There is plenty of room.

Thanks Badart I will be cutting it all out the P.O. cut a big chunk out of mine to install a different rad.Maddart that is a nice looking stand

Thanks Badart I will be cutting it all out the P.O. cut a big chunk out of mine to install a different rad.Maddart that is a nice looking stand

It will be a big improvement over the factory piece. Just send me a pm if you want one. BTW I used to live in Kingwood Texas, just north of Houston. I am missing the weather right now. It was 1 degree this morning.

I don't have an engine run stand, but a quick thought, find a pickup frame with the appropriate engine setup (small block, big block, slant six)hack the frame off behind the tranny mount, remove suspension, steering, all of the extra stuff that you wouldn't really need. mount it on casters, also get the radiator mount, and radiator. Just a thought.

Badart Kingwood is only about 30 mins. from me our weather is not that great this week rainy,cool only in the 60's at best I am originally from NYC area missed the snow at first but here i get to ride my Harley 12 months out of the year can't beat that with a stick!

I don't have an engine run stand, but a quick thought, find a pickup frame with the appropriate engine setup (small block, big block, slant six)hack the frame off behind the tranny mount, remove suspension, steering, all of the extra stuff that you wouldn't really need. mount it on casters, also get the radiator mount, and radiator. Just a thought.

That is a really good cheap idea.
You would have to modify the crossmember some because Dodge trucks have a rear sump oil pan. A 2wd one would work the best because the tranny mount would match up the same as a car.
I like it.

building a stand at work during lunch so it will take a little while
but will post some pics when finished

I'm in the process of constructing an engine stand. I'm using the frame rails with transmission cross member, the radiator support and K frame from an early A. Since the K will work for a slant as well as for a small block (with the correct mounts), I figured this would be ideal as I'll have both engines to break in. Going to construct some kind of shelf for a couple of gauges, ignition switch.

-
Back