Anyone else dream of E-Body ownership?

-
They hurt my back then, they hurt it now. That is why I sold the 2010 as well. For me the 68' charger in B body, and the 69' cuda are the two I enjoy the most.

Have owned an E body since 1973, car handles pretty good...

Best looking car goes with the best looking guys.....keep dreaming...LOL

My first new car was a 73 Challenger. :glasses7:
Back then you didn't see a lot of Challenger's around, mostly Dart's, Dusters and Cuda's on the Mopar side.
I ordered it with a 340, 4 speed, sure grip, 3.55's, no power steering, and hood scoops. If I remember correctly the 4 speed was standard and the auto was an option.
The hood scoops were a $22 option and to go from the standard 318 to a 340 which got you duels and a 4 barrel was $300. The sure grip 3.55 was somewhere around $50, maybe $80.
I never ordered the rally pack because I didn't like the louvers on the side of the front fenders.
From the factory all the cars back then had issues.
From day one the clutch shuddered so bad it would rattle your fillings out.
The dealer repainted the whole car because the paint was so bad.
They replaced a ball joint and a rear wheel bearing and all of this within the first month. That car got driven hard, shifted at 6K from day one.
Top speed was about 137 mph on the speedo at 5700 rpm and I held it there for over 20 miles before I had to slow down from it getting hot.
They never did resolve the clutch issue even after the head office got involved. About 6 months later the clutch disc came apart when I was passing someone and shifting from second to third.
I replaced the clutch myself and the real problem was the tranny sitting crooked where it mated to the bell housing because of a 1/4 inch of crap in there. You would have thought that the dealer could have found that but back then service was terrible.
Anyway no more clutch problems after that.
Back then my friends had 340 Dusters.
If I could trade my 74 Dart Sport for a Cuda or Challenger without going bankrupt I'd do it in a heart beat.

i like e bodies, but it seem a lot o guys don't miss them for their looks or fun, only for the cash the bring. me I had a 67 2dr coronet roller as a project an id rathr spend the money on one of those than spending 50k on a cuda. that flat black chally on page 3 is tits to me tho, very bad *** car

we hope to get this 73 'Cuda painted this year
will be 340, was a 318
gonna also put a A-500 trans in it with a 3.55 gear
has trac pak and bulge hood

Have had the car since 89, collecting parts
once we get it back together, we will be finding it a new home
Its a okay car-
Small trunk, hard to get in/out back seat

dog.jpg

I like our other 4 Darts better
Our 70 more door has been the best fun
cut it up, beat on it, surprise the people in the other lane(track)

[ame=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/draginmopars/white%20dart%202/055.mp4]
th_055.jpg
[/ame]

back in the day, i sold my 340 dart so i could buy a challenger

it was nice. had a 318; it was way less powerful than my dart, but i guess it handled slightly better. anyways i liked it. never should have traded the dart...

i spent 6 months doing body work. got it all done and block sanded, then painted it with my brother in law's help. it was sublime and it went well with the white interior.
2 weeks to the day after i got it finished, i was waiting to turn left onto a side street, had my blinkers on (yes all the lights were in working order)

it was on forest drive in annapolis (both of my bad accidents were there). well the speed limit was 35. this little friggin mazda rear ended me doing about 60 and bent the rear frame all to hell. i was so pissed. they both were not wearing seat belts in the mazda, big star cracks on the windshield where their heads hit. the mazda was about 6 feet long now. but they were out walking around like nothing happened. i guess cocaine does that for you...

anyways i should have kept the dart instead of wasting my time and effort on the challenger.

This has always been my dream car!
Recently acquired the following;
1) 1973 340 Cuda, bare shell, no title.
2) 1971 340 Cuda, bare shell, no title.
3) 1971 383 Gran Coupe, no motor/interior, currently registered.
4) 1970 318 Barraccuda, no motor/interior, title in hand.

The 1970 is a very solid car, I'm going to resto-mod it based on the new '06-'09 chargers as you can pick them up cheap at the insurance auctions.
I hope to build this car for under $20,000.
Not going for a show piece just a sweet *** cool daily driver!

as far as 'Cuda's i love the front end of the '74's the best

images

lol.. i remember not all that many years ago you couldn't give away a 72-up ebody. had to be a 70-71 or it was nothing.

personally i consider the 72-up a lower case "e "-body. 70-71 car a capital "E"-body... :)

if for some reason i ever got one. i would prefer it to be a 71.

1971-plymouth-hemi-cuda-photo-338439-s-1280x782.jpg

I started off the Abodies then I got E body fever.I had a 70 challenger 440
+6, then a 70 Cuda 340. I then sold those and went back with Abodies. I love all mopars but my Abody' cars just drove better to me and I really like the look just as well. I have 2 nice Dusters and I hope to buy one more car someday for a nice long distance driver. I will be open to all Mopars for that car. See Ya!

one thing i do remember was my challenger loved to get brake jobs. i probably spent 50% more on brake parts than on the dart. they just love attention i guess haha

My love with E bodys started when i was 10 years old at Garden state Chrysler Plymouth , my brother took me there in september the day new models came out . I sat in a rally red 1970 Cuda convertible and told my brother i was gonna own one like this someday . As it turned out the car was sold new to a guy i delivered news papers to just a 2 blocks from home . I walked past this car everyday and as time when by the car sat more and more till in 1977 i was able to buy it from the guy for a $ 290.00 , it burned oil and needed a new conv top and the clutch was burned out . I was in heaven . I drove this car to school and raced it , and drove in into the ground . the car became a casulty of family life and sat next to my garage exposed to the weather as my 2 children grew up . In 1990 I did a complete restoration on the 70 Cuda conv i call Rosalitta , I rebuilt the original 340 ( added a 6 pack ) the original 3 spped manual trans got replaced with a 4 speed pistol grip . I also added a shaker hood and elastromeric bumpers and had it painted my favorite Mopar color of Viper red . I have enjoyed this car to it fullist extent over the years , I just recently bought a 528 hemi from Gosselin automotive and will be putting that in soon . To me its the untimate car , i have owned over 50 mopars of all types and loved them all , but my Cuda always be my avitar

lol.. i remember not all that many years ago you couldn't give away a 72-up ebody. had to be a 70-71 or it was nothing.

personally i consider the 72-up a lower case "e "-body. 70-71 car a capital "E"-body... :)

if for some reason i ever got one. i would prefer it to be a 71.

Now that prices have gone up and avaiability continus to go down intrest in once shunned cars has changed a lot. Mopar points in case 71 and up chargers and the 72 and up challngers as you said

My love with E bodys started when i was 10 years old at Garden state Chrysler Plymouth , my brother took me there in september the day new models came out . I sat in a rally red 1970 Cuda convertible and told my brother i was gonna own one like this someday . As it turned out the car was sold new to a guy i delivered news papers to just a 2 blocks from home . I walked past this car everyday and as time when by the car sat more and more till in 1977 i was able to buy it from the guy for a $ 290.00 , it burned oil and needed a new conv top and the clutch was burned out . I was in heaven . I drove this car to school and raced it , and drove in into the ground . the car became a casulty of family life and sat next to my garage exposed to the weather as my 2 children grew up . In 1990 I did a complete restoration on the 70 Cuda conv i call Rosalitta , I rebuilt the original 340 ( added a 6 pack ) the original 3 spped manual trans got replaced with a 4 speed pistol grip . I also added a shaker hood and elastromeric bumpers and had it painted my favorite Mopar color of Viper red . I have enjoyed this car to it fullist extent over the years , I just recently bought a 528 hemi from Gosselin automotive and will be putting that in soon . To me its the untimate car , i have owned over 50 mopars of all types and loved them all , but my Cuda always be my avitar

That is one sweet car!
Did you ever sell that 340 motor?

I love it!! The '72 Challengers are my favorite. That flat black (with the 4-speed) just looks cool.

yup, 72-74s are my favorite. it was a 318 auto car, now has a 340 and overdrive 4spd. this winter he pulled the front fenders a lil bit and stuff 295s (IIRC) up front (same as the back tires in the pics) and he's working on changing all the lights to LEDs. bet you didn't even notice the gas cap on both sides:D

All I can say is that I have owned an e-body & it took it me broke, the prices of e-body parts - OMG never again unless I win the lottery lol

Its kinda funny how you all talk about the plastic door panels looking cheesy , come on shitty vinyl stretched over masonite with arm rests that have not ever changed , come guys ... A & B are cool cars but really are utility vehicles , the E body was built as a 2 dr hard top or conv thats it , no 4 dr or station wagons . I have owned many GTX , Road Runners , Dusters , Darts , i even had a 68 383 GTS that wouldnt turn till you let off the gas , I have never had that with my Cuda , E bodys were mopars finest hour , its just how it is . You can pick on door panels & seating position , but how many a or b bodys had shaker hoods, pistol grips, rubber bumpers , or 426 hemis , from front to back there just cool cars .

-
Back