Anyone Else Reek Like Their Car?

-
My wife makes me leave my cloths outside after cruising. She won't even ride in my car because of the exhaust smell. It is pretty excessive on mine. The breathers are not open as they are piped into the header collectors. My trunk is sealed and the floor and firewall are pretty well sealed up. It just seeps in from someplace.

My wife makes me leave my cloths outside after cruising. She won't even ride in my car because of the exhaust smell. It is pretty excessive on mine. The breathers are not open as they are piped into the header collectors. My trunk is sealed and the floor and firewall are pretty well sealed up. It just seeps in from someplace.

What we have here boys are called Hot Rods.
No catalysts, No vapor canisters, No exhaust standards to meet.
You will get this smell from your car, more then others. Just fallow behind one, it's nothing like fallowing behind a late model of today.

Kenny

What we have here boys are called Hot Rods.
No catalysts, No vapor canisters, No exhaust standards to meet.
You will get this smell from your car, more then others. Just fallow behind one, it's nothing like fallowing behind a late model of today.

Kenny

I've had people next to me at the lights put up their windows, its one of two things, the fumes or the noise or maybe both.

Ya I get that exhaust smell too. Does not smell half as bad as when I come home from a hard days work though.

When I come home from the track my hair smells like race gas and tire smoke. LOL.

And that's bad because....????(I'd rather sniff up tire smoke and race gas than flowery stuff anyway. Has a much more profound effect...lol)

Oh it's way better than any girly flowery stuff.....I've gone to the track by myself and after I came home my husband followed me around, putting his nose in my hair. ha!

Nothing freshens up a little exhaust smell like NITRO! Kind like an after dinner mint.

Ya, my wife comments about the smell of my old cars on a regular basis. Just the other evening we were in the pickup and passed a 70 GTO that sounded pretty mean. As soon as we got by she said, "That smells like a Barracuda!"

-
Back