Anyone else sick of this Barrett Jackson crap

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I watched it a little yesterday afternoon and just couldn't believe it. These people are crazy. Then you go on the net to read the forums and everyone is talking about it. What's gonna happen is no one is gonna be able to buy a nice muscle car anymore because prices are gonna be to high. Us avg guy's will have to start turbo charging neons. :roll: :roll:

Those guys are crazy. They probably wont even drive the cars. They just want to say they have one.

It's fun to watch to some extent. But it is going to make it so you have to be rich to buy one. Especially a good Mopar.

Jack

AdamR said:
Those guys are crazy. They probably wont even drive the cars. They just want to say they have one.

Exactly!
And in a year or so they will flip them for a profit!

Did you see the 69 Z28 that sold for over 200K last year. He sold it this year and lost money. However the guy that bought the 69 Hemi RR got s good deal.

Sick of it? I can watch these idiots spend money all day.... Sure it's killing the hobby as far as Hemi & low production cars go, but weren't those cars always expen$ive? I can remember when a Hemi car could be bought for less than 10K, but I never had the 10K for a car. Kinda like throwing 100K at a car today.....

This is OUR generation happening! My Father used to tell me stories of buying `32 Ford's for $35.... Now look at what you pay for a steel car.

Right now it looks like the "American Muscle Car" is the hot seller. The European cars are going for next to nothing.

Them gready investors will get nipped in the butt in the long run. Prices on the mopars are probably pretty close to being at peak price. Who and how they going to sell to when prices drop and the exotics peak again.
If I were at bj ********, cough cough, mean barrett jackson. I would be buying them exotics instead right now! That is if I had to much money.

I was watching coverage on friday or saturday, anyways an oldsmobile
L-88 sold for $3,000,000 :shock: . That is crazy. Saturday they sold an original looking '68 hemi dart for $195,000. Now i'm thinking that is cheap for one of those things.

I can't wait till the A-body cuda hit $200,000. :drunken: Then I can sell my car to pay off my house. :D Until then, I guess I will have to keep working to pay the morgage. :(

I was at a couple of exotic car auctions up in Monterey, CA. this
past August. They had a lot of nice old muscle cars in# 2&3
condition. They did'nt get the outrageous prices as a B&J auction
cause a lot of hype. A hemi Road Runner went for about
50 grand and it was in great shape. The same car at b&j
went for 80. Go Figure! :scratch:

Man thats sick :pukel: Makes me wanna cry everytime I think about my 68 Hemi Coronet R/T that my dad sent to the scrap yard when I was away. I only paid $850 for it :shock:

-
Back