Anyone ever seen one of these?

-

bbrroowwnn

never re member
Reaction score
Lindsay portable air compressor....from the factory made like this.....runs on a 360 chrysler motor.....runs on 4 cylinders and uses 4 to make air.....pretty neat....never saw one before.....guy has it for sale for 2700

compressor.jpg

compressor 1.jpg

compressor 2.jpg

That is cool. I worked at a tire shop and the service trucks had ford 351s under the bed that worked like that. Iv also seen 231 buick v6s set up as air compressors. Both put out all the air you could need

Buddy bought one last spring,ford powered though. Was supposed to get it running, but never found the time.

I have never seen one with a Chrysler engine. A gentleman that I used to work with was laid off back in the 08 downturn. He went to work for a company that builds these w/ Ford 460's and Chevy 454's. I'll try to post a link to their webpage if I can find it.

I am wondering how it runs on 4 cylinders on the same bank and doesn't miss like crazy?

How many CFM (and what pressure) does it put out?

A member here re does some of the hemi powered equipment really cool stuff, this is a water pump he redid.
DSC02107.JPG

The blown 354 I built several years ago came from an ag irrigation pump in Lubbock, TX... nicknamed the engine Buddy Holly...

WOW! We have one that looks exactly the same on the outside but it has a 4 cyl wisconsin engine in it. Neat how they use the engine cylinders to compress air. Ours has a roatary type compressor arrangement. Looks like the old plane engines.
That thing was great for sandblasting...all the air you could use.

WOW! We have one that looks exactly the same on the outside but it has a 4 cyl wisconsin engine in it. Neat how they use the engine cylinders to compress air. Ours has a roatary type compressor arrangement. Looks like the old plane engines.
That thing was great for sandblasting...all the air you could use.

when I was racing I could get the heads off them from jims air compressor for 25 dollars each ,they converted them over in there shop. brand new complete head they did have rotators on all the valves .

231 buick v6s set up as air compressors. ...

I've seen the V6 conversion, a neighbor up the street has an antique flathead ford, it also has a big generator off the rear of the engine.

I have actually thought about trying to build such a thing

-
Back