Anyone had a knee replacement

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I just found out yesterday that I need a knee replacement. I have known this for many years now, but I got hit by a car walking thru a parking lot in mid Sept.

My question is has anyone in their early 50's had one and how did it go. Any restriction, were you able to do your regular activities.

Thanks all

Rick

Cuda I had a TKR 5 years ago and am in a lot of pain but that is just me. I ask a lot of friends about TKR and everbody said it was the best thing they ever did. But my luck it has not been good. Best of Luck

cudaguy -
This coming January will be 3 years on my new knee and, yes, it was the best thing I ever did.
I'd put up with a progressively worse arthritic left knee until it just became a pain to get up and walk. I was looking for a shortcut everywhere I went and stairs definitely were not my friend. I did continue to league bowl every week with large doses of Extra Strength Tylenol on bowling day, but my knee sure barked at me for at least 2 days after bowling.
I firmly believe the keys are finding a great surgeon who specializes in joint replacement and doing EVERYTHING the rehab therapist tells you to do.
I had a total knee replacement in early January and started a new bowling league -without any pain - in April. I could, and looked forward to, walk anywhere and everywhere.
You will have some limitations after the replacement: I not supposed to run, jog, jump, or kneel on my replaced knee. Other than that the ski's the limit.
PM me if you have any specific concerns or want to talk about the surgery/rehab in general. I'm happy to offer any/all support I can.

Thanks guy, that defiantly makes me feel better

i didnt have a replacement , but had my knee realigned which took over a year of physical thereapy to get back up to almost par. have chronic pain and still cant run anymore, but being almost 300 lbs doesnt help either. had a friend in his 50s that got a knee replaced because he had trouble like mine his whole life. he liked it enough to go back and get the second one replaced the following year.said it was the best thing he couldve done.

-
Back