Anyone have a 73 with radio delete? I have a ??

Antenna hole in fender of radio delete dart in 1973

• Total voters
-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 73 dart sport export car that is radio delete. Im trying to determine if the fender had the antenna hole with a plug or no hole at all. It appears that somewhere around 73 or 74 they started using the same fender and put a chrome bezel/plug in them. Im trying to determine what is correct for my car. Of course someone added an antenna to my car at some point in its life. Luckily the radio delete plate is still intact. This is a picture of what I believe to be the correct plug. I just scored this off ebay today.
Cast your vote above.

s-l500.jpg

I have seen something like that before. I can’t remember on what so I won’t say it’s correct but it looks nice enough I would use one on my car. JMO

I think all of the fenders had the antenna hole stamped in them for the US market. but I have no idea about the exports. If it has the antenna hole, I'd say use the plug to cover it. Besides, it would also look better than the open hole.

I don't have a radio delete in my 73, but I have an antenna delete.:D

antenna.JPG

There is a base of a non-original antenna on the car. No way of knowing if the fender has been changed in its life but I know it was in a minor accident on the front so its a possibility.
Its a rather special car so im trying to put it back as original as possible. I know in the earlier years they did not stamp the hole if it was a radio delete car. From what I have read they just started using the standard fender and plugged the hole starting in 73 or 74. Im just trying to confirm this.
I have a stripper '74 Duster & she has that plug.
This is what im looking for. I have seen a few 74 with it but no 73 yet. Anyone else?

I bought a new ‘73 Dart Sport back in ‘73 with radio delete and it came with the plug.

Excellent, thanks for the info. Did your plug look like the one I pictured? Im not sure if there were any different styles. I know the one pictured was used on C bodies and apparently cop cars.

-
Back