Anyone have problems with cheetah valve bodies

-

downsr

Reaction score
Had problems 1st to 2nd shift last summer after trans rebuild.Ended up being valve body.Installed cheeta forward shift valve body with bouchillon cable set up.No problems the rest of the summer.Drove the car the other day trans working fine.Drove it about 20 miles and no second gear straight from 1 to 3.Changed fluid and filter nothing in pan.Adjusted band and it has second now but is not consisted when it shifts from 1 to 2.Sometimes it shifts really crisp and the next kind of slowThe cable and bands are adjusted correctly any one have problems with these valve bodies.Hate to pull trans out and it be valve body.Leaning towards changing valve body first.I am tired of fooling with this trans.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but make sure none of the valve body bolts have come loose. Next I'd check to see if the servo was leaking. Valve bodies typically don't go bad unless a valve sticks in them or something comes loose. I always use a torque wrench on the VB bolts just to be sure.
Good luck.

Only valve body issue I ever had was a rebuilt 904 where the builder did not know someone before I had it had put in a different selector valve spool into the bore.
It let pressure feed the rear (forward drive) clutches in PARK, and while it had no drive in neutral, there was a slight drive pull in Park. No problem until a -10 degree F day
and decided to let the car warm up 20 min before driving home from work.
Backed out of parking space OK, drove home fine, then needed to parallel park at home, and still had forward drive in reverse.
The rear clutches were all welded together!
He did the rebuild for free, and I paid the R&R. He found the valve spool was designed to let pressure to rear clutches in Park! This was to prevent delayed engagement into gear. Obviously by someone in a warmer climate who could not fathom warming up a car on a sub-zero day. Another go fast bright idea that has problems in real-world application.

-
Back