Anyone know cost?

-
I had mine straightened and re-balanced last year.........It didn't cost very much. A small shop here in Eugene, OR......don't remember the exact numbers, but I think they charged me around $60. Call the shop you're thinking about going to and ask them for a rough estimate. That will probably be the best bet.

ya, i called, they said anywhere from $60 to $80. turns out the driveshaft i have is like 3 inches too short.

k second question. how far does the yoke have to go in to the tranny to be required "safe"? haha..

Hahaha.......that's a good question that I won't answer. Just depends on how comfortable you are with the "drive shaft pole vault." :)

I've been going around with this one myself........The guys seem to feel that 1" to spare fully inserted in the tailshaft is about right........anything more, especially 2.5 to 3" can cause vibrations and even catastrophic failure.......be careful.

If it's too short, take it to a driveshaft shop.....We JUST dropped one off with the same problem to Central Florida Driveshaft, and it's gonna need a new tube and a welding yoke.........$125. for the lengthening and balance, and about another $30. for the yoke.............

Don't monkey with one that's too short........ :read2:

ok well, i've got one that is too long, and one that is too short. which do you think would be cheaper, lengthening one? or shortening? probably shortening eh?

Had mine shortened, balanced and new u-joints installed for $75 a couple of years back.

They charged me $50.00 TO shorten mine and balance it.It should be a inch and a half in the tranny

-
Back