Anyone know of an offering of a driveshaft safety loop for an A-body made like this?

-

atomicDog

Reaction score
I'm looking for a driveshaft safety loop made like the one in the photo for my '69 Dart. Is there any company that makes one like this for Mopar A-bodies or is this something that I'm going to have to make up myself?

DriveshaftSafetyLoop.jpg

Doesn't look particularly hard to make.. I wouldn't waste my time looking...

This doesn't help but I have a bolt in us cartool loop forsale
View attachment 1716168840
Lakewood looks very similar to what your looking for.
Lakewood 18000 Drive Shaft Safety Loop
Thanks, but neither are the style loop that I'm looking for. The loop I'm looking for is more like the option from Competition Engineering that was mentioned earlier (if anyone knows of another option like that, please let me know). The Lakewood loop bolts to the floor pan, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Having had a U-joint explode at 115mph without a loop I can tell you first hand the destruction it causes. Broken extension housing ,broken transmission case, and broken bellhousing.

There is absolutely no way you would ever want a unit that bolts on with two bolts and extend rearward without any additional support. If you car about your vehicle and more

importantly yourself don't cut corners in this area.

A.R.T. (Applied Racing Technology) has several option available. Search Results

Tom

Both of the above loops will not withstand a high speed drive line failure. I still use the old school flat strap style or make one out of tubing and mount it within 6" either side of the hoop. Lots of stored energy in a driveline!

I would break out the tubing bender and overbuild it unless you are doing the pro touring because it looks cool type of thing.

Having had a U-joint explode at 115mph without a loop I can tell you first hand the destruction it causes. Broken extension housing ,broken transmission case, and broken bellhousing.

There is absolutely no way you would ever want a unit that bolts on with two bolts and extend rearward without any additional support. If you car about your vehicle and more

importantly yourself don't cut corners in this area.

A.R.T. (Applied Racing Technology) has several option available. Search Results

Tom
Trust me, I've had a front U-joint fail once before and it caused carnage to the front bellhousing and tail housing case of the 727 automatic transmission case and bent the output shaft in the transmission. I had a loop in the car, but luckily the U-joint didn't fall out - only one of the bearing caps came loose and fell out, since I relied on a friend to install a front U-joint in my driveshaft and one of the clips wasn't seated fully. The failure happened many, many years ago on I-95 while traveling over 90+ MPH. I appreciate you passing this unit along from ART - Quick Release Removable Driveshaft Loop Kit - Mild Steel

This looks to be in-line with what I'm looking for..

-
Back