Anyone running Halo headlights in their A-body?

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is using Halo headlights and if they liked them?

1.........I hope I don't meet you guys coming down the 2 lane. I can't see well at night, and I shoot back

2.......If you buy cheap Chineseo NON DOT approved lights, and get into ANY sort of accident at night where blame is in question, the lawyers will have a nice big heyday. Buy more insurance

3.......I hate the looks of 'em on these old cars. Sort like puttin "wenny-oos" 'er "henny hors" on .................

18b6vcifinnqmgif.jpg

74c6a8a36cf60cf673d5a493ad626958.jpg

EBay $70 shipped Posted via Topify on Android
Those look sweet Collin hope to see your bad ride up at Garlit's this year

I love how they look on your Duster! Don't mind the grumpy old guy. Hell, I am pretty sure he cringes every time he has to put no lead gas in his car, let alone bring it in to the 21st century.

I love how they look on your Duster! Don't mind the grumpy old guy. Hell, I am pretty sure he cringes every time he has to put no lead gas in his car, let alone bring it in to the 21st century.

Cringing about the 21'st century and no lead gas is a far far cry from the safety issues of facing illegal, dangerous, and non approved headlights, quite possibly (in some cases) hacked into housings which don't provide proper optics.

If you wanna use 'em all I'm saying is DO IT RIGHT

I got mine for $30/shipped. Ebay. They were fun for a minute, but the cheap ebay LED's in the halos kept burning out. I matched my parking lights with a strip of LED's to make halos inside of those. Kind of like a BMW. I eventually got over it and put the normal headlights back in. The halos were also HID, but they blew light all over the place. It didn't work well vision-wise at night. If you're going to do Halos, I'd use them as a DRL, make them yellowish, and not as bright as a headlight - more like a marker light, and then install them around the stock headlamp. They will likely show just enough to make a ring of light/ look good, and not affect anyone's vision. I only ever turned on my halos during the day. Here's the shot of all 4 rings on.

Mine are DOT approved and I do NOT use them on the road. And I hope the Duster will be at Garlits, but I'm doing an engine swap soon, so well see what happens.

Posted via Topify on Android

I realize not everyone on this site was born in 1997 like me, so they may seem a little out of place on my car. But they're wired up to a toggle switch so I just flip the switch at a show later in the day.

Posted via Topify on Android

-
Back