anyone used comp cams 828-16's

-

vkute265

Reaction score
ive just purchased a comp solid roller and lifter kit
im just wondering who has used the 828-16s and where they any clearance issues or block grinding
cheers
Ash

Yes you have to grind clearance for the buttons and link bars. Your going to see when you put them in that the link bars and buttons that hold them will hit the block and not let them fall in, not a lot of grinding but enough that you will want to clearence the block before you put it together. Comp told me that there where no clearence problems and no grinding " they lied " I had to take the engine back apart to fit the lifters. Good Luck!

Yes you have to grind clearance for the buttons and link bars. Your going to see when you put them in that the link bars and buttons that hold them will hit the block and not let them fall in, not a lot of grinding but enough that you will want to clearence the block before you put it together. Comp told me that there where no clearence problems and no grinding " they lied " I had to take the engine back apart to fit the lifters. Good Luck!

spewing my bottom end is already together it was running in the car, but pulled it out and decided to go a roller cam.

It's very individual. Some blocks will need the clearancing. Some won't. And that's down to the individual pairs. So the only way to know is drop them in and see if they hit and clearance as required. Or - if you haven't bought them, the sets from IMM or MRL seem to drop in an have addressed possible oiling issues too.

It's very individual. Some blocks will need the clearancing. Some won't. And that's down to the individual pairs. So the only way to know is drop them in and see if they hit and clearance as required. Or - if you haven't bought them, the sets from IMM or MRL seem to drop in an have addressed possible oiling issues too.

i bought the cam and lifters as a kit, i dont have them yet but there on there way from the USA. wont see them for another week or so.

here is my block, i havent ground anything yet but its been mentioned before how much has been machined around the lifter/pushrod area

attachment.php

The lifter bores don;t look too bad in terms of placement. You may not need much. I'd try them all, carefully marking where they hit or are close. Then it's time consuming, but you can mask off the rest fo the engine completely and clearance each spot. Use a shop vacuum directly adjacent to the cutting burr, and a magnet to clean up the shavings before you unmask it.
BTW - have you fit the intake yet? You may have issues using the 90° fitting on the crossover.

I agree with mopar! It looks like the link bar buttons will have clearance, if any thing maybe a little clearance for the link bar its self. On the crossover oil line I used 45 degree fittings in the block and 45 degree fittings on the hose and a little bit longer hose to get it to lay down enough for intake clearance. When you get the fittings to fit in there correctly the hose will have an S shape to it and the hose will lay wright across the top of the cam journals an not interfere with the lifters.

The lifter bores don;t look too bad in terms of placement. You may not need much. I'd try them all, carefully marking where they hit or are close. Then it's time consuming, but you can mask off the rest fo the engine completely and clearance each spot. Use a shop vacuum directly adjacent to the cutting burr, and a magnet to clean up the shavings before you unmask it.
BTW - have you fit the intake yet? You may have issues using the 90° fitting on the crossover.

yeah mate oil cross fits the motor was running in the car until i pulled it out to check over it and found my mopar cam stuffed.

i had to grind the bottom of my super victor for it to clear

the magent and vacuum idea was in the back of my mind.
i guess i wont know until i get the cam and lifters in a week or so.

Not to hijack, but what is the crossover line's function? I have seen it on other small blocks but it has never been explained. Thanks

Not to hijack, but what is the crossover line's function? I have seen it on other small blocks but it has never been explained. Thanks

Read the oil mod sticky and it will make more sense.

Basically it a oil mod that keep more oil going to the mains and rods.

-
Back