Anyone using Truck Lite LED headlights?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
I'm just curious how they look in the grille of the Dusters/Dart Sports. Not the visible lighting, I've read a lot of reviews - I'm curious if the extra bit that they extend in front of the retaining rings is horrible or acceptable. I have the chance to get a set at a really good price, but would love to see some pictures of them in the grilles.

And I've heard about @crackedback and his awesome relay kit. :)

I’m not using Truck Lite LEDs, but am using Quadratec LED lights in my Duster and they look great. It’s all personal preference, and for me I sold the Jeep that I bought the Quadratec LED lights for and before it left noticed they fit a Duster too lol.

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

I have a set of them in my Jeep and my 72 dart

I’m not using the truck lites either. I found these that look more stock.

IMG_5355.jpeg

Thanks, but I'm looking specifically at the Truck Lites for now. My ultimate goal is a set of Holley Retrobrights, but that's not in the immediate budget.
I can understand that, but almost $90 each, Holley’s are a fortune.

IMG_5392.png

I just recently installed the 7" Holley RetroBrights on my Demon and they look great and are bright. I wanted to keep the look of the old style headlight and went with the classic white. They do have the more modern looking white and even Euro yellow.

20230925_112744.jpg

I just recently installed the 7" Holley RetroBrights on my Demon and they look great and are bright. I wanted to keep the look of the old style headlight and went with the classic white. They do have the more modern looking white and even Euro yellow.

View attachment 1716153583

Yeah, those are definitely my ideal light. I ended up getting the TruckLites locally for $20, and while they don't look like OEM sealed beams, they really do improve the light output. Once I'm further into my restoration, the Holleys are on my list.

Yeah, those are definitely my ideal light. I ended up getting the TruckLites locally for $20, and while they don't look like OEM sealed beams, they really do improve the light output. Once I'm further into my restoration, the Holleys are on my list.
$20? I thought those were in the $100’s. That’s not bad.

Can you post a link?

$20? I thought those were in the $100’s. That’s not bad.

Can you post a link?

Oh, they are DEFINITELY in the hundreds. There's no link...what happened was a young married man replaced the headlights on his Jeep with the TruckLites, decided he would rather have Holleys like a month later. Apparently, when he got the TruckLites he told his wife they were like $50 instead of $280, so when he posted the ad he had to "be reasonable". It was a once in a lifetime deal (in my eyes) so I snapped them up. I have no idea how much he told her the Holleys were. :)

Practically brand new, and when I finally upgrade, I'll sell them for what I've got in them and pass on a good deal. Oh, and yeah, most of the round Jeep headlights are 7" just like ours. Helps to know that when scouring Facebook marketplace.

The Holleys may look more like incandescents, but they're just relabeled Chineseium. The Truck-Lites will do better in terms of actual performance.

The set of Holley's I have on my car I paid over $400 for the set and went to that Autoholley website and the same headlight must be on sale and is marked down to like a bit over half price per bulb. So I'm gonna take advantage of that price and get another set for my other car.

I would buy Truck-Lite if they would make a headlight bulb that would look more like an original and not so much of a modern look.

Practically brand new, and when I finally upgrade, I'll sell them for what I've got in them and pass on a good deal. Oh, and yeah, most of the round Jeep headlights are 7" just like ours. Helps to know that when scouring Facebook marketplace.

See, I'm torn between looking good and SEEING good. :)

At least you know what you're deciding about.
A lot of folks unfortunately don't. How could they? Well known manufacturer, new technology, good advertising and promotions. :(
With reference to the Jeep 7" lamps, do a search engine for Hilldweller on candlepower and jeep forums. He's not in the lighting business like 'Virgil' or 'slant6Dan' but was a diligent enthusiast in comparing and posting. One of my point being that ironicly Jeep enthusiasts were looking for better lamps too.

here's a few.

Last edited:
-
Back