Anyone work in the Auto/Motorcycle Industry?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Anyone work in the Auto or Motorcycle industry? If yes, what do you do?
Trying to break into this industry (IT industry previously) and it seems tough to get into, even though I am a gearhead.

If you are computer savvy I would suggest learning the digital side of the industry. There is so much electronics on cars today that if you specialized in that you could do well. I would say a high end dealership like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, infinity or acura would like to have someone with computer background, especially if you can turn wrenches too. Pay won't be great starting out but if you get good at finding the problem quickly you will make more.

I see. Well I am looking at it from the sales/marketing/business development side, as this is what I have mucho experience in.

I owned a Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki franchise in the 80's (had a blast...made some $$$)....and have been in/out of the car business for 20 years...here is my advice.

Go to a large dealership...the one that sells all the cars/trucks ect....if you breath, never been convicted of anything (felony), can pass a drug test...
Put on the grin..dress to win...you will get hired.

walk to walk (work hard).....the good stuff always goes to the top and you'll be runnin the place in no time!

-
Back