Anzac day

-

Assiemick

Reaction score
For the Australian and New Zealander guys this is our rememberance day.
It's a day for reflecting and giving thanks to those young guys in their thousands who gave their lives in far off lands for all of the free world.
WW1 saw millions killed on all sides.
This day we don't only pay respects our own fallen but we give our thoughts to all of the Allies and foes.
This year is especially important as it's 100 years our young guys were put onto a beach some say the wrong beach called Gallipoly "Turkey". At the direction of Sir Winston Churchhill.
It was a disaster and the ANZACS managed to withdraw without the enemy knowing.
Prior to the withdraw thousands were sent over the top of the trenches to certain death canon and machine gun fodder at the orders of the British command.
The wounds still run deep.
Never again will a foreign country have control af the ANZAC's forces.
But the day is not for this it's to remember the fallen.
Australian, New Zealand, US forces, English, Scottish, Welsh, Sth African and many many more.

"LEST WE FORGET"

least we forget.

We are here in the USA on a New Zealand military Airforce project in Connecticuit ( 2 years arived july 2013) and have come down to New York for the dawn parade tomorrow moring at the Vietnam Memorial in lower Manhattan.

Pics are of my Wife's medals ( she has been in 28 years), NZ 50cent comemerative coin and a NZ kiwi pin Austrailian pin from last year and a hand out cover.

proud to be a KIWI

Attachments

• 20150424_202643.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150424_203337.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 84
least we forget.

We are here in the USA on a New Zealand military Airforce project in Connecticuit ( 2 years arived july 2013) and have come down to New York for the dawn parade tomorrow moring at the Vietnam Memorial in lower Manhattan.

Pics are of my Wife's medals ( she has been in 28 years), NZ 50cent comemerative coin and a NZ kiwi pin Austrailian pin from last year and a hand out cover.

proud to be a KIWI

My respects to your family.
I just wanted to point out the day is not limited to only just WW1 but it's for all who have fallen in conflict.
For the FABO family it would be a nice thing for you guys who want to put up pic's or just want to give a bit of a family history including your own. For the rest of us to honour the services of the few for the many.
This is dad with a mosquito

Attachments

• image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 64
Cool photo.
They sound awsome was lucky to see the one that was rebuilt a couple of years ago at an air amazing sound from the engines as they did a 3/4 throttle fly by (engines and plane was still in testing operations so no 100% on the gas)

My respects to your family.
I just wanted to point out the day is not limited to only just WW1 but it's for all who have fallen in conflict.
For the FABO family it would be a nice thing for you guys who want to put up pic's or just want to give a bit of a family history including your own. For the rest of us to honour the services of the few for the many.
This is dad with a mosquito

-
Back