Approx value of C body 8-3/4?

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What would you expect to pay for a one legged, 68 C-body, 742 case, 8-3/4 from a u-pull-it. Drum to drum, though skinny looking drums with no cooling fins, just a spring looking thing around the drum as a heat dissipater.
Thanks in advance FABO for the info

From a private seller - $100.
From a U Pull It yard - $whatever they get for a complete differential every day.

Thank you, a yard near me has car axle assembly listed on their website as $99. 119 for exchange warranty.
I go there and find a 68 New Yorker, take the next afternoon off work, get to the counter and the girl tells me $239.
I told her the girl the other day said 119, and the website says 99. She tells me the website is real old and Prices have gone up. I said they need to get their website updated, she says the guy that did it no longer works there and they have no access.I told her forget it and left. Tried calling the home office, but it's after five, no one there.
Next day I find the site admin and owner and call him. He said she is wrong, got me in touch with the local manager, he said he would knock 25% off. So I got the axle for $75.

I wonder if the girl makes a habit of overcharging and pocketing the difference?

-
Back