are all hurst competition plus shifters the same?

-

coolhandluke

Reaction score
awhile back, I bought a '66 mustang, mostly in parts, thinking I'd restore it and drive it. After I recovered my sanity I sold it and finally found my '72 dart I'm driving and working on now. The mustang was an automatic, but in the trunk there was a Hurst competition plus shifter. It didn't have the shift rods with it, so I just let it go with the car.
Now I'm looking to convert my car over to a four speed, and I'm wondering if that shifter would work on my car. Are all hurst competition plus shifters the same, or are there differences between that one and a mopar one?

I still have the guy's number, and could probably get the shifter back pretty cheap.
Thanks guys!
Luke

Thanks guys, there were no shifting rods or mounting plate with it. I don't even know why the shifter came with the car when I bought it, the car was a 6 cylinder automatic, and there were no other four speed parts there. I worked it when I had it, and didn't notice any looseness or slop. I think I'm going to call the guy and see if I can buy it off him on the cheap. What would be a good price to pay for it?

The last Comp+ shifter i installed was in a A body Ch**y years ago, but seems to me there were numbers on the side plate of the mechanism. Not sure if they could even be looked up now days? Without knowing the specifics of what it's for, probably not worth alot. Especially if you need a side plate, rods, levers and whatever else.

-
Back