Are you hounded by debt collectors/telemarketers?

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
If you're being bothered by debt collectors and telemarketers let this guy answer your phone. This guy pranks a telemarketer using a sound board of Leslie Nielson's voice responses.:cheers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VIcO76-5Qo"]YouTube- Telemarketer Vs Leslie Nielson[/ame]

I knew someone who dealt with junk mail by taking out the papers from one mailing and returning them in the postage paid envelope to another soliciting firm. Hey, if they want to waste their money, why not stick it to them? The sound recording is very creative, especially with someone who is not fully literate...

I knew someone who dealt with junk mail by taking out the papers from one mailing and returning them in the postage paid envelope to another soliciting firm. Hey, if they want to waste their money, why not stick it to them? The sound recording is very creative, especially with someone who is not fully literate...

I used to do that same thing. I figured if I had to waste time going through the crap, they should too.

when i worked for the Post Office there was an individual that uswd to take the envelopes for pre approved credit card offers and tape them to a brick, then drop them in the mail. credit card companies get billed by the pound for business reply mail. one saturday we has 36 of them going back to one address.....

when i worked for the Post Office there was an individual that uswd to take the envelopes for pre approved credit card offers and tape them to a brick, then drop them in the mail. credit card companies get billed by the pound for business reply mail. one saturday we has 36 of them going back to one address.....
I must admit I'm a bit scheptical about this, but I am DEFINATELY going to try it. Thanks for giving me a reason to look forward to junk mail!

I have sent prepaid envelopes back with nothing in them from these bothersome solicitors. I will however try the prepaid brick method in the near future.:cheers:

To add some perspective, I work as a network administrator. Dispite the receptionist's valiant (no pun intended) efforts to filter calls, I still recieve a minimum of 8 calls per week from companies thinking I have time to listen to their schpeals. Since I am on fixed income (salary) any time I spend listening to them cuts into Miller time, so I have become rather creative in ending those conversations. On more than one occasion I have feigned mental insanity (perhaps not altogether untruthful). Other times I say I proport to be the lowest level of outsourced pion. That seems to work best. I've been known to put them on eternal hold. It's so bad, I can't answer my own work phone using my own name. Once they get your name, it's real tough for reception to filter the call. There have been some real doosies, I just can't remember them at the moment. It's always ad-lib. I never prepare any material. I get an equal number of calls personally on my cell (of a business nature). When I'm not representing the company, it gets even better. I have been illiterate, bankrupt. I once told an industry magazine that I did not need their publication any longer because my parakeet had died, and I had no use for cage lining. Those ones always get the office in an uproar.

Blackbomber, I too was getting about 10 calls a day from solicitors on my business line. I picked up a Panasonic phone with talking ID at BJ's. One feature is an amazing call block like no other. Enter the number into call block and the problem caller is blocked. It truly works. If the problem caller doesn't Identify themselves by name or number, the phone will block them.

What a way to make some coin for the USPS. He should have been promoted for that!! :toothy10:

-
Back