ARP rod bolts on 6.1 - head size?

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
one obstacle after the other....
Who is using arp bolts on the rods and has no clearance issues? My results for today is that the head on number 7 rod is way too long...:(

876DFC93-F489-43D7-9500-A5E84A2F725B.jpeg

198E7D96-980D-4F9F-86FF-246158DF7720.jpeg

That's odd. I have arp's in a 5.7 with no issues at all. The 5.7 and 6.1 are the same stroke. Didn't think there was any difference in rods either, not 100% on that. Wow, wish I could be more help. Have you switched bolts around randomly to see if you get clearance?

2 Options. Grinding a notch in the oil passage, hoping there is enough material or all bolts in a lathe machining 2mm off the heads.... really all? Is machining down just this one bolt ( or both on this rod ) bad for the Balance? I mean this might be 1 gram or?

Grind a bit off the block and shorten the bolt head... the amount you take off that bolt will be negligible.

i will let the bolt head shorten by 2mm. thats exactly the size the stock bolt head has. stock 8mm -> ARP 10mm
the bolt weights 36grams btw.... ( both )

Stuff like this used to bother me... I grew up working in a shop that would not modify anything to make a part fit. Then I worked at the dealership level... same thing. After I got involved in racing in '65 all that went out the window!!!

Good to see you are screwing a new Hemi together... you deserve a break after all the trouble you've had.

-
Back