Article: Car Brands with the Worst Reputation..

-
My 2008 Wrangler Unlimited yacked a motor at 18K. Really pissed me off.

Today or history ?
The words you read is just a site at war :study: and could have merit :happy10:
Recall's are everywhere in VW and everywhere else , allot of junk out there :evil3:
We just get to much attention:poke::drinkers:

Caravan 3.3 clocked 300.00 and still running strong

I just think it's BS that we rank a stone's throw from the Smart car.....

Im doomed,
I have two jeeps, dodge and a plymouth.
Is there any hope?

i'm often laughed at when i say i have an 86 plymouth reliant wagon.. but she's well over 200,000 and has served me well, even though the previous owner( mr "i do all my own repairs', and i find the oil pan jb welded on...and an old c-clamp in the engine..??) was a twerp. i've had her for about 6 years now, and she's parked while i work on the dart. but i love that car..

The local U-Pull-It's Mopar section has a huge amount of FWD cars in it.

Most of them have their trannys pulled out in hope of finding a good one.

75% of them came in with bad trannys so most have the tranny laying on the ground ...in pieces. Pure Junk

Any article which uses the phrases "emotional connection" and "Consumer Reports" lost me right at the get go.

The local U-Pull-It's Mopar section has a huge amount of FWD cars in it.

Most of them have their trannys pulled out in hope of finding a good one.

75% of them came in with bad trannys so most have the tranny laying on the ground ...in pieces. Pure Junk
I remember that in the early 90's , the Pick-a-Parts were full of all of those junk *** FWD piles from the 80's ; a sign of the times !

The idea that VW is ostensibly missing from the list , is a glaring omission . Same goes for Mercedes-Benz , BMW , Jaguar , etc. ; cars which after 3 year of age will eat you alive in repairs !

I must admit , however , that I am surprised to see the coveted "Smart" Car on this list ...

Ive had 2 Neons,(both total junk) bought new,Both blew head gaskets at less than 50k second lost tranny at 75k.My brother has one and loves it (no problems)He also has had 4 Chrysler Town And Countrys and loves them,Altho he did put a tranny in all but the current one(2009).

i worked in dodge dealer as a technician from1992 to 2008.starting 1994 the car where improving,by 1998 we had a very good product,then the germans came in,they changed venders,**** was breaking that never broke before,they ran chrysler in to the ground,sold us,it got worse,hopefully fiat can fix chrysler.

The Fiat - now sold at Chrysler dealers here in Ottawa - are crap based on experience with Fiat 40 years ago??!!!????? Datsun (Nissan) and Toyota were utter $#!+boxes 40 years ago as well. I don't get their logic on half the stuff on that list.

On the other hand my '05 Grand Caravan has been the second worst vehicle I have ever owned. The worst being a Ford Aerostar.

Wylde1.

I can tell ya from my personal ownership experience that I won't be buying anymore Chrysler garbage for a long long time if ever again. Owned a new 92 shadow, a new 93 Dakota and a 17,000 mile 07 magnum. All headaches. Maybe if there was a half decent dealer in the area my experiences would have been better but even at that my new cars shouldn't have to be at the dealer for anything more then routine maintenance as many times as I had to be there.

Like I said. This is just my personal experience. I'm sure others have had good Chrysler experience. For me though ill stick with my Toyota. The two we own now and the one I replaced 2 years ago have been great cars for us. Great buying experience and great dealer service experiences. Unlike when I walk into a Chrysler dealership I feel like Toyota appreciates my business.

The wife has an 01 Dakota 3.9 auto 4X4. Has a 130,000 on the clock never a hick up. I had a 02 Liberty with 200,000 when I traded it off, brakes and a U joint. I have 56,000 on my 08 Liberty, so far so good. 08 has the Life time warenty though.

-
Back