At the track last night it would level off and loose power?

-
IMO, the timing curve is not right - but in and of itself I don't see that causing this type of drop off. I've raced mid 12s on a mild 340 and 175hp N2O though the single 5/16 and a stock pump. I've also fed a 500hp 440 through the 5/16 line with no issues. So it may not be fuel delivery, but may be the carb settings. You need to read up on checking float levels. It's pretty easy to do. Check and see the jetting and power valve ratings too.

Update; I checked plugs and it was a little lean but not bad. Replaced everything from the line from the tank on. Replaced mech fuel pump with a edelbrock 110 gph pump, removed pressure gauge and regulator and plumed from pump to carb with 3/8" line. Seems to be much better sound at road speed,response etc but the track is now closed for the winter up here. Thank you gentleman for all your advice and time. Trying to schedule Dyno time in the next week or two and that should answer any questions.

Make sure the throttle blades are opening all the way when the gas pedal is floored.I second the too much total timing if it is approaching 40.

I was never thrilled with the comp 280H cam on the two occasions I used one.Did okay in a 383 chevy but not so great in a 440.

-
Back