at what point does 6 pack dump fuel?

-

grassblaster

Reaction score
i'm kind of working on my 6 pack.

at first the idol was too high. i figured out the linkage was binding and screwed them into the correct position. the 2 outside carbs were dumping fuel.

but I'm wondering at what point do the 2 outer carbs actuate? I'm guessing at wot. But I dont see anything physical that controls the levers.

They idle on all 3 carbs. There is adjustment screws on the lower base. You have to pull the rear carb to adjust it unless you an aftermarket plate. If they are dumping fuel is the float level adjusted right?

The out side carbs operate on vacuum and will open under load. There are springs in the vacuum pods you can change to make them open slower or later. The linkage actually pulls the carbs back shut once you lift off the throttle.

They idle on all 3 carbs. There is adjustment screws on the lower base. You have to pull the rear carb to adjust it unless you an aftermarket plate. If they are dumping fuel is the float level adjusted right?

The out side carbs operate on vacuum and will open under load. There are springs in the vacuum pods you can change to make them open slower or later. The linkage actually pulls the carbs back shut once you lift off the throttle.

ok vacuum, that was what i was wondering.

Thanks!!

And to further, many guys try to wind up the engine stopped, and cannot get the outer carbs to open, and think something is wrong. You cannot get the outers to operate that way, neither will most Holley vac. secondary 4 bbls.

If I remember right (at least the 70) had lead plugs over the outer idle mixture screws you had to dig out of there. This was for emissions. These were down in the lower front of the carb, sticking out forwards, like an AFB

EDIT below they are at the crude arrows

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 192
Question: at what point does 6 pack dump fuel?

Answer: Just before the fire....

At the point you set it up to! 4412s on the outboards....

vbpgimage.php

-
Back