ATI super dampner

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a ATI super dampner and was wondering if the stock front cover and pulley will bolt up. Catalog says it is .150 thicker but details a little confusing. I don't want to change a whole bunch of stuff just to use the dampner. Any advice?

I am about to purchase a ATI super dampner and was wondering if the stock front cover and pulley will bolt up. Catalog says it is .150 thicker but details a little confusing. I don't want to change a whole bunch of stuff just to use the dampner. Any advice?

I use and sell rattler's. They line everything up on engines I've built.
Brian

I have the ATI Super Dampner on my 410,I bought the universal crank pully from Mancini,s.Everything lines up great.If you need a part #,PM me and I,ll search out the bill.

I hear those Rattler are awful after 7,000 rpm's. Up to 5,500 or so they work very nice.

Some crank makers claim Rattler dampers snap off crank snouts.

You think it be easy to make great dampers but doesn't seem like it.

I hear those Rattler are awful after 7,000 rpm's. Up to 5,500 or so they work very nice.

Some crank makers claim Rattler dampers snap off crank snouts.

You think it be easy to make great dampers but doesn't seem like it.

I hear Nascar teams tested them (read 9000+rpm) and wanted to run them but because of the moving parts in them Nascar banned them. This is from a P/S tuner in Ca.
This guys know's his $hit and has helped a few teams this year with their engines.

Only way to know FOR SURE is to test yourself otherwise it's just hear-say.
Brian

Don't know about ATI, but don't buy Summit approved; I had to move the other pullys forward.

Thanks guys, I will look at the rattler. I spent enough time and energy lining everything up with the electric water pump and I don't want to change it.

-
Back