aussie 408 combo

-
The came,pretty damn close,at 241/247. On a 110,should be good with a RPM air gap.

Sorry - I'm on cold meds - I must have misread the Howard's site...lol. Thanks for the correction.

well things are slowly coming together , the bottom end is buttoned up .The heads are getting the bigger valves fitted , so shes on
wkev.jpg
oxd5.jpg
brcp.jpg

the 408 is together and running , should get a look at it tomorrow on the dyno .
Even with the dual plane and my crappy try y headers it pulled 512hp and 525ft/lb
im happy with that

the 408 is together and running , should get a look at it tomorrow on the dyno .
Even with the dual plane and my crappy try y headers it pulled 512hp and 525ft/lb
im happy with that

You should be, those are some nice numbers for the street, and 1/8th mile.
You're getting close to convincing me to go LA 340 stroker rather than the 3rd Gen hemi for my upcoming A-body. Thank you for your posting.

Bill

heres a couple of pics and the dyno chart.
We ended up with a 750 double pumper as the builder didnt think a vac sec would be any good on this engine . pretty good numbers and lots of torque which is what i was after . This was without using a fancy electric water pump , airgap manifold or even a windage tray.
As it runs out of steam at 6000 rpm , nothing outrageous had to be done to the bottom end apart from some careful machine work and assembly.
I cant wait to get the engine home and install it , then make some smoke .

xltk.jpg

9ak1.jpg

e572.jpg

You have a rack and pinion in that? Looks like it by the sump. You can square up the back of the sump when you use R&P. It will allow you to carry more oil. Also if your going to 1/4 mile it some sump baffling would be handy.

yep rack and pinion , i will keep the sump mods on hold until its all fitted up .Then see whats what

-
Back