autozone steering box

-

glhx

Reaction score
I tried to oreder a steering box from autozone today for my 69 dart, but they were out of stock and cant get them right now due to no cores. I asked if he had one for a 74 duster, they have some in stock. Are these not the same box? My car has stock 69 power steering parts

No.
Input and output spline shaft diameters are different.

'74 box won't work unless you want to swap the pitman arm, center link, and idler arm. The output shaft on the '74 box is larger than the one on your '69. Time to shop the parts stores.

I have one I removed from a '72 Duster. I do not know the condition as I never drove the car.
C

'74 box won't work unless you want to swap the pitman arm, center link, and idler arm. The output shaft on the '74 box is larger than the one on your '69. Time to shop the parts stores.

Check Ebay for Erenberg (?) he sells a pitman arm that is for a small sector app but has a large sector hole, or vice versa, calls it a "problem solver"

rehrenberg and thank you

are the splines the same for the steering shaft coupler

Couplers are the same. I would swap over to the 73' and up box and linkage. Easier to find and cheaper to get parts for. I did that on my 67' but mainly to get rid of the goofy 67' only idler arm.

-
Back