Awesome shock plates

-

Garethw

Mopar. Because rocket science is too easy.
Reaction score
Just thought I’d give a shout to @moparmat2000 and the custom made shock plates he offers. I wanted some shock plates for my Ford 8.8 rear. I saw a lot of folks using 8.75” plates, but those require you to bend the U bolts to fit and I just didn’t want to do that. These plates are designed to accept the wider 8.8 U bolts but will also allow the 8.75 U bolts if you want. They are also 1/4” thick. These things are seriously stout. And they look great. Came with all the hardware too. Really nice machine work. Check them out. The old one in the pics is from my old 7.25.

ps. I got no kickback or discounts for this. They’re just a quality product.

3273D8FD-784E-4583-88F1-C1BA67BC8C07.jpeg

49267C34-6858-41F2-A678-4CDCFB34561F.jpeg

D731FFE9-AE22-4940-B389-43E84241206D.jpeg

Gareth, thank you for the kind words on these. I am very happy you like them. You are correct that if you dont slot the OEM mopar plates you have to squeeze the ford u bolts to fit that smaller distance, and if you slot the oem plates the ford u bolt nuts hit the flanges on the oem plates. Neither is ideal.

These come with the u bolt holes slightly slotted to be able to fit both mopar 3" axle u bolt, and also the explorer 3&1/8" axle u bolt. If swapping from a pegleg 7.25 up to any mopar 3" axle, or a ford explorer 3&1/8" axle tube, they are a direct bolt on fit. Theres enough room past the u bolt holes before the 90° bend in the plates so the ford u bolt nuts dont hit the bend. The lower shock mount location is accurately located for an A,B,C,E body mopar shock.

Unless your doing a concours restoration, why bother with pitted originals for $100 or more. Or missing shock washers, possible damaged shock stud threads etc. when you can buy a pair of these brand new made of 1/4" plate with all new shock stud hardware and washers for $110 plus shipping.

I saw a need for a pair of these for my sons 69 barracuda with an 8.8 swap, and figured theres others that are running into the same problem. I have 6 more pairs of these coming from my fabricator that will be exactly like these in the above pix. 3 of these pairs are already sold. The remaining 3 pairs are not yet spoken for. If interested in them please PM me.

Last edited:
Gareth, thank you for the kind words on these. I am very happy you like them. You are correct that if you dont slot the OEM mopar plates you have to squeeze the ford u bolts to fit that smaller distance, and if you slot the oem plates the ford u bolt nuts hit the flanges on the oem plates. Neither is ideal.

These come with the u bolt holes slightly slotted to be able to fit both mopar 3" axle u bolt, and also the explorer 3&1/8" axle u bolt. If swapping from a pegleg 7.25 up to any mopar 3" axle, or a ford explorer 3&1/8" axle tube, they are a direct bolt on fit. Theres enough room past the u bolt holes before the 90° bend in the plates so the ford u bolt nuts dont hit the bend. The lower shock mount location is accurately located for an A,B,C,E body mopar shock.

Unless your doing a concours restoration, why bother with pitted originals for $100 or more. Or missing shock washers, possible damaged shock stud threads etc. when you can buy a pair of these brand new made of 1/4" plate with all new shock stud hardware and washers for $110 plus shipping.

I saw a need for a pair of these for my sons 69 barracuda with an 8.8 swap, and figured theres others that are running into the same problem. I have 6 more pairs of these coming from my fabricator that will be exactly like these in the above pix. 3 of these pairs are already sold. The remaining 3 pairs are not yet spoken for. If interested in them please PM me.

You could weld an attachment on these for a rachet strap hook. Would make it easy to tie the car down in the back. Just thinking out loud here. Nice work.

Now that’s a good idea. I’ve been thinking about places to put tow hooks or tie downs.

They already make em to fit between the rear shackle upper mount and framerail it sandwiches between both pieces. The stock bolts are definitely long enough.

They already make em to fit between the rear shackle upper mount and framerail it sandwiches between both pieces. The stock bolts are definitely long enough.
I know they make those, but that is another plate and 4 more nuts per side. Just an idea, nothing more.

I think you would want to compress the suspension when tying the vehicle down. At least that's what most people do. Attaching straps to the axle like that, your not compressing the suspension down. Towing a vehicle on a trailer that way allows it to shift its weight around because the suspension is not compressed down.

Last edited:
Plus it's not 4 more nuts per side. Those i mentioned fit in between the upper rear most shackle hanger brackets. Fit in the existing bolt holes, with the existing bolts. 2 per side

Last edited:
Mancini racing. Cheap enough. Note that they are mounted to the front bumper bracket to frame rear most bolts in the pic

Screenshot_20200814-181826_Samsung Internet.jpg

-
Back