b body booster on an a body

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Can a b body style brake booster be used on a 68 a bbody? I dont like the way the a body booster sticks way out.

Not sure, but as long as the bolt holes mate up and there is enough room for the booster, also need to compensate the push rod if the depth is different between a and b bodies. Also master cylinder may be different as well along with the fitting size snd location in the master cylinder

Well, I do not know but hope this helps.
Here is a picture of a b body setup.
Linkage mount inside to a stationary bolt and below the Linkage switch goes to brake pedal...mount holes look different as well.
Of course brake lines are on wrong side but easy swap to do with right one.

Attachments

• 20160330_205007.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20160330_204953.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 120
Did a brake system swap a few years ago, including the booster. Swapped late model cop fury (b f g) setup into an early Dakota. Originally just wanted the 11' rear brake setup in the truck, as it turned out we had to change more than the backing plates and brake assembly. Long story short, we also had to steal some parts off a 1/2 ton pickup ....including the booster and master. Do-able??? Yes, but do your homework.

If you willing to pay shipping, I sent you this one free...came with my 74 dart when I bought it a few years ago. ...looks reman....pm me.

If you willing to pay shipping, I sent you this one free...came with my 74 dart when I bought it a few years ago. ...looks reman....pm me.

What year B did that come from? I've seen single-bladder vacuum boosters on most of them, but have seen duals on a few '69s.

If the OP passes, does the offer stand for any other A-body members? I had no intentions of going power brake on my '68 Satellite, but that unit would make for a nice power disc/drum combination.

-Kurt

Anyone ever fix them? My FSM shows the entire booster taken apart and parts galore. Looks pretty simple if you all are looking to get one if yours is bad. I remember my A's was pretty slender, but not like a Mustangs dinky one.

-
Back