B&M 10416 - B&M Tork Master Torque Converters

-

Race68

Reaction score
B&M do not recomend this for a Big block! any comments? I´m rebilding a "stock" 440 with a standard 727 trans. But the Converter was shot! so I need a new one.

I don't recommend them for anything.

Coan, Dynamic, PTC, Precision.

The converter is probably THE most important part of an automatic equipped car. An off the shelf POS is NOT what you want.

Well......maybe it is if you are cheap as hell.

Well not cheap as hell just aware :).. Any comment on Huges converters? this will be a daily driver no race monster!

FTI is another quality converter! Rated to 750+horsepower you cant go wrong. I used a 3400-3600 in my mild 360 Dart Sport and all is good! Night and day difference!:burnout: Jegs carries FTI.

Well not cheap as hell just aware :).. Any comment on Huges converters? this will be a daily driver no race monster!

It doesn't matter. Converter technology has come a long way from the B&M holeshot days.

wait wait wait, you want us to believe that you are rebuilding an A body with a FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY cubic inch big block, and it will never get whipped?

somehow I don't see that happening :D

for a "cheap" converter Ive had good luck with Hughes in several cars. I put one in a 73 charger with a 8:1 440 and a comp cam with a 2.73 rear and it actually drove pretty nice. Was it the best converter in the world? not my a long shop, but Ive broken other cheap converters and havent broke a Hughes yet. Sometimes going from a $350 converter to a $700+ converter just cant be justified

-
Back