Back of car vibration

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Hi all:

Seems like one thing after another for me. first i had a heat issue, fixed that, now when i take it up to 60mph + I am getting a vibration from the rear of the car, the tranny was rebuilt along with the motor, the driveshaft was taken out to change the motor/tranny, and i drilled out the threads in the yoke of the carrier and installed through bolts/clamps from Jegs, with new ujoints both ends, I have 8 3/4 rear with 3.55's same setup i had before i re did everything, do you think it would make any difference to 180 the drive shaft?? the drive shaft was done in 1983 by a local drive shaft service. never had an issue before any idea's???

It could be 180 out?(d.shaft)or the u-joints aren,t seated properly in the yoke.I mark my d.shaft and yoke so when reinstalling I don,t put it in 180 out.It,s worth a try to change it back.Good luck.

Very well could be the slip is not indexed the same way it was when balanced, and sometimes just changing joints can throw a shaft off a little..

I have the same problem with mine. I had the problem before I rebuilt the drivetrain. I will have the local driveline company balance the driveshaft and I will get the tires rebalanced.

-
Back