Back to Mopars with a 72 Swinger GA4

-

72Dodge

Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself since I've been here awhile mostly watching. Was into Mopars for a long time but after a very long break I picked up this 72 Swinger /6 car, and getting back into it.

It's very clean overall, other than the baked off paint that someone tried to fix with some primer. Needs quarter patches, a small patch on driver fender leg, and not much else body wise. Engine bay is real clean.

Deluxe interior, GA4 (Light Gunmetal Metallic) which is a color I love.

I have a hot 318, 727 and 8 3/4 rear all ready to go in it, but I might just get the brakes working, replace the leaf springs, and drive it for awhile as is while I do the bodywork. It runs well already. Or maybe in the spring I'll just put the new drivetrain in right away. Not sure. Opinions/thoughts are welcome on this, not that it will necessarily affect my decision, but still welcome.

See you around.

Attachments

• IMAG0390Dart.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5980email.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6012.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_6015.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 179
Thanks guys. It's definitely staying original GA4 color. I have 15" steelies for it that I'll paint body color and I had some red stripe Dodge dogs stashed away that I'll use. The only change I'll probably make cosmetically is I'll delete the vinyl top probably.

The headliner in the car was perfect. I just had to get new arm rest pads on front, and will put in new carpet, but otherwise the interior is pretty nice.

The only thing I really need (non-mechanically) is that trim that goes on the back edge of the trunk lid. And I might get fiberglass bumpers, but I can just buy those new.

I thought the pics would show up bigger, to show how nice the 'bay is, but they came up small.

Welcome to FABO 72Dodge!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Burnout.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 135
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back