Back-up lights

-

matthon

Reaction score
I have a 4 speed with a Hurst shifter, I tested the reverse lights and they work, but I cannot locate where the back-up switch is or how it is linked to the lights. There is probably some missing wiring.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

If we determine what the car is/was we can locate the original wiring.

If we determine what the car is/was we can locate the original wiring.
67 Barracuda w/ an A833.
I see the switch now, and I see the switch on the wiring diagram, but it states Auto Trans.

The reverse lamp switch was on the shifter in 67. Main wiring harness connecter is near top of the column support plate under the dash. When column shifted the switch was on the column. An extending harness was pluged in there to reach a console shifter. 2 purple wires I think.
Majority of this info is automatic trans but may help .

Well if it didnt help him it helped me. I just installed a console and see the switch on the shifter mechanism, but didnt know where the original switch was or how it connected. Thx!

Well if it didnt help him it helped me. I just installed a console and see the switch on the shifter mechanism, but didnt know where the original switch was or how it connected. Thx!
OK for stock 67 switch just extend the 2 wires across the firewall under the carpet and to the console. If you have the later model trans and a 3 post neutral safety/reverse lamp switch on it you can extend through a rubber plug in the firwall and down to the switch. Tape along with the neutral safety wire.

-
Back