ball and trunion conversion

-

345man2

Reaction score
ok I have a mid sixty 833 it doesn't have any kind of yoke on it , I have a driveshaft out of a 904 and the yoke fits it here is the question since the yoke fits if the driveshaft is the right length or I don't care to get one made would this work and if not what would be the problems ?

???????????????????

You cannot use a slip yoke driveshaft on a ball / trunnion transmission, and of course vise versa

So are? you saying? that you have both? a ball / trunnion gearbox? and? an ball / trunnion? shaft?

If so, and if it fits "in the middle" so to speak of the sliding range, then yeah, "it will work"

b and t trans with a with no kind of yoke on it small output shaft and I had a slip yoke laying around and it fit so wondering if it would work:blob:

If you have all the parts to run the ball an trunion,run it.
You'll be fine.

B&T trans, the only way to deal with it that I know of.............

Get a different gearbox, or find a later output shaft and tail housing. I don't remember anymore, but I believe you have to be somewhat careful. Some of these trans used a 3:1 low gear, and the output shaft was smaller dia.

Get a BT driveline and have it shortened if necessary. Not my choice

You can buy conversions.......these are a bolt on yoke which takes a modern joint, then you mate that with a self contained slip yoke / spline on the shaft like many 4x4s use

So what you are saying is,you have an early b&t trans,and wondering if a later model yoke will work on it ?

yeah wondering if I have a regular slip yoke that fits could I get the right length drive shaft , slide it in, bolt to rearend and it would work?:-D

Just take your shaft to a Driveline guy , they can add the flange from a 4x4 application easily .

ok here is another question why would you need a flange joint if a slip will slip right in and a seal would seal against the slip yoke:-D

yeah wondering if I have a regular slip yoke that fits could I get the right length drive shaft , slide it in, bolt to rearend and it would work?:-D

Thats a good question. I stayed with the b&t on my car. You definately dont want to play around with questionable driveline.

I would give Wayne at www.brewersperformance.com a call on this one. Great guy, full of this type of knowledge.

If you type in complete sentences it surely would help. I still haven't figured out what in the hell you're talking about. Are you converting from ball and trunion to slip yoke? My first question would be why?

ok sorry to insult that you cant read short sentences I have a bare trans, no part of the ball and trunion hardware is there, just wondering if there is a option for a slip yoke from another set up might work or if any one had tried this before, im just throwing ideas out

just wondering if there is a option for a slip yoke

no.jpg

ok,, sounds good, that answers questions time to sell a trans:happy6:

If you type in complete sentences it surely would help. I still haven't figured out what in the hell you're talking about. Are you converting from ball and trunion to slip yoke? My first question would be why?

Maybe he speaks a different language,or just has a hard time writing.
Don't see any reason for giving the guy a hard time.
You need to learn how to treat people with a little dignity and respect.
Your shtick is uncalled for,and frankly getting old.

thanks johny dart iv got one 70 model and then the ball and trunion one and was wondering how easy it would be to fix it to work, as for some on here o well its like rain on a ducks back it just rolls off :cheers: I like this forum for helpful info from others and maybe to help others with something I learned :-D

thanks johny dart iv got one 70 model and then the ball and trunion one and was wondering how easy it would be to fix it to work, as for some on here o well its like rain on a ducks back it just rolls off :cheers: I like this forum for helpful info from others and maybe to help others with something I learned :-D

I like your style........:thumrigh:

-
Back