BALL JOINT QUESTION

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

1971 Demon with K/H disk brakes. I bought a couple of Pro Forged lower ball joints and I think they are for a drum model. I know the mounting holes on the K/H are larger, but is that it? Hoping to ream the mounting holes for the K/H spindles, but I don't want to wreck them if they are different. Thanks.

There was a thread recently that stated the only difference in stock ones was the bolt hole size?
@hemi71x mentioned it also. Not sure on Proforged tho.

Yes, the only difference is bolt hole size (1/2" to 9/16" as I recall). There should be no issue with drilling them out.

so the ones he bought should be a good fit for my 71 duster with a drum brake spindles, correct?

Only if they didn't get drilled out to 9/16 inch, then they won't do you any good.

Only if they didn't get drilled out to 9/16 inch, then they won't do you any good.

thanks
i send the OP a PM to see what he ended up doing with them and thinking i might be able to take em of his hands...but that was before i realized he was in Canada and shipping will probably kill the deal anyway

so, anyone ever hear of ARP suspension parts?
from what i've been hearing, moog has gone down the drain, and the proforged ones dont seem to be in stock anywhere

Lower Ball Joint Drum Brakes Set Fits 1962 - 1972 Dodge Plymouth | eBay

This may be elementary but make sure you check the direction in which you insert the ball joint. I just replaced the ball joints on both side of my 66 Barracuda and I inserted them one way, and they would not fit in the hole. I inserted them from the opposite direction and they went all the way in with no problem.

-
Back