Bamm lifters/383

-
They have to be better then the new Chinese comp cams. I have had nothing but problems with Comps recently.

They must be using metal from rusty U.S. shipping containers. The porosity inside is terrible. Some lose their charge while sitting. They take them back and will replace full sets.

But No labor , And you pay for the Gaskets, Break in lube and oil. Gets quite expensive after a few sets. And How do you pass that on to a customer and keep them happy.

Are bam lifters good in a 383
They are high quality lifters that are designed to be used in stock unbushed lifter bores, without bleeding a bunch of oil. I just got a set in for a W9 headed small block, and they are nice.

Yeah. They are very nice. They are the ones that MRL used to sell when he was in business. I bought my 3rd set (3 engines) , last fall and couldn't be happier.

My only complaint is they can't be rebuilt. (I think).

Yeah. They are very nice. They are the ones that MRL used to sell when he was in business. I bought my 3rd set (3 engines) , last fall and couldn't be happier.

My only complaint is they can't be rebuilt. (I think).
Brad at BAM told me he does rebuild lifters. I don't know if that's all of them though.

Brad at BAM told me he does rebuild lifters. I don't know if that's all of them though.
Well that's possibly good news, Mike. When I bought my first set from MRL, he harshly told me, "No rebuilds, you just call me for a new set".

Funny.....

Well that's possibly good news, Mike. When I bought my first set from MRL, he harshly told me, "No rebuilds, you just call me for a new set".

Funny.....
I don't know. Maybe yours aren't rebuildable, or maybe that was a MRL thing. The ones I got better be rebuildable. They're over a thousand bucks.

Ouch! I think I paid 8-ish last time. They are pricey for sure, but I believe worth it. My first set is still pounding away after 5 years and God knows how many passes. I sold that motor in 2012 and the guy told me the lifters look like new after he did his second refresh last spring. In a track only car that runs every single weekend all season.

Fingers crossed!

Ouch! I think I paid 8-ish last time. They are pricey for sure, but I believe worth it. My first set is still pounding away after 5 years and God knows how many passes. I sold that motor in 2012 and the guy told me the lifters look like new after he did his second refresh last spring. In a track only car that runs every single weekend all season.

Fingers crossed!
I got the DLC coated steel bushing option, which was a good bit more than a roller bearing.

-
Back