Barracuda Rear Stereo Speakers

-

Mike337

Reaction score
Has anyone on the board ever cut holes in their interior rear quarter metal finish panels to mount stereo speakers in?

Mike

There is a cutout for a 6 x 9 on one side, also fits the rear defogger. If you look on the inside you can see it.

I had a Dart Sport with the same rear fold down door, I put speakers in but it did limit the door from dropping open all the way. Other than that it worked very well. It was great at the beach, open the trunk and flop the door down...blast it straight out!
I like the clean install of the side panels though...out of the way and clean. A spare set of panels before you cut the originals in case you want to return to stock would be an idea.

Yepp!!!!

Had to Weld patches back in to get rid of them......

I didn't want to cut on my car either so I built a metal frame to install large speakers behind the rear seat. Also built some custom boxes to mount speakers on either side of the rear seat with matching upholstery!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC02671.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02667.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC02661.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC02664.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02663.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC02662.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC01629.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 108
Dang thats a lot of work for some tunes... Nice work!

I think i will stick to the iphone and ear buds....

+1 1969383S

Obviously, no one rides in the back seat lol

People ride it the back seat but I have trouble understanding what they are saying....LOL. It's not that bad only 500Watts in the amps also I made a couple of boxes that are mounted up under the dash just in case anyone in the back does try and speak!!

Treblig

-
Back