Battery tray mounting hole question

-

smartken22

U.S. Navy Senior Chief
Reaction score
OK I am stumped on this one. Is there an insert of some sort that goes into this hole in order to mount the battery tray? When I put the tray on, there are two holes in the tray, but it looks like something goes into that square area. Here are some pics for reference.

Attachments

• 2012-06-04_10-11-33_782.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 2012-06-04_10-12-13_953.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 154
A large U-Nut fits through the large hole so that the bolt hole aligns with the smaller one. Either of these (long or short) should work with the appropriate bolt. Should be able to find them at Ace or any place that sells specialty hardware. Can send you these.

There's a vertical brace should should go under the tray too with similar fasteners.

Attachments

• 100_1120.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 160
So that is the only reason that big square is there to get the u-nut in? I have the u-nut you have pictured for the hole. So I just leave that square open like that? I noticed that there were two holes in the battery tray in that area so that is why I was wondering. Thanks again.

A large U-Nut fits through the large hole so that the bolt hole aligns with the smaller one. Either of these (long or short) should work with the appropriate bolt. Should be able to find them at Ace or any place that sells specialty hardware. Can send you these.

There's a vertical brace should should go under the tray too with similar fasteners.

So that is the only reason that big square is there to get the u-nut in? I have the u-nut you have pictured for the hole. So I just leave that square open like that? I noticed that there were two holes in the battery tray in that area so that is why I was wondering. Thanks again.

Yup - it's just to install the nut.

The second hole in the tray sits over the square hole and provides a drain.

Ahhh...makes sense! Thanks!
.QUOTE=RedFish;1969475925]The second hole in the tray sits over the square hole and provides a drain.[/QUOTE]

-
Back