bb 727 tail shaft swap ?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
I have a SB 727 with a long tail shaft, and a bb rv 727 with a short tail shaft..i swapped tail shafts no issues...everything turns free..but when I install the pump..it doesn't turn free...i used the short tail shaft fiber spacer...the long tail shaft has a thin metal one..could that be the issue..

..........may be but u have to measure the end play......maybe u have a clutch out of place........u may have to change the fiber washer on the pump as well to a thinner 1...kim......

The tail swap proven harder than expected... what would you think I would have to use from the long tail shaft tranny, when swapping from the short one.... after just using the tail shaft and housing, installing it everything looks and moves freely, I have no end play....ideas. thanks

Looks like by looking at the pump support the sb 727 is a 70 and earlier,and the bd 727 is 71 and later...the only things I have used from the sb are the tail shaft housing complete, bolt in sprag,the larger front servo assy,and the red front band.

-
Back