Beards

-
My wife thinks It's sexy, so I let it grow!

a.jpg

I grew out a full beard 5 or so years ago. Itchy stage only lasted a week or two. Work just made us all shave for N95 fit tests. Said it was a requirement for employment. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

I try to grow one every November (NHL's nod to men's health awareness) and I can last about 2 weeks. The itch drives me crazy, so off it comes!

20200708_140848.jpg

Grew it out this year but had to shave it for work. 6 months worth of growth. And I didn't really take care of it except for the occasional shampooing.

I grew out a full beard 5 or so years ago. Itchy stage only lasted a week or two. Work just made us all shave for N95 fit tests. Said it was a requirement for employment. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.
Welcome to the forum, great first post. I’d be pissed also

upload_2020-12-19_6-53-15.png

Had a Fu Manchu from 19 till my late 30's. My daughter complained said I looked like a biker hoodlum, so I grew the goatee along with it. Mixture of gray in there but it's here till the end. Kinda hides the second chin a bit. :) With the shut down again thinking of a pony tail just to get on the families nerve. :D

I usually can't make it past 2-3 weeks before the intolerable itch sets in.

Sideburn and upper cheek area.

The goatee area doesn't itch nearly as much, so that's what I've had in the past.

This year, for my covid beard, I used a wahl clipper to knock down the area that's not a goatee back to just a bit above stubble.

That has been MUCH more tolerable.

Might even be a new style- high stubble and goatee.

I do still shave the cheek area and under the jaw so it looks like I'm taking care of it.

MUCH less work, though esp the chin area, which I tend to cut.

Me either lol mine isn't full at all but I just learn to live with it. There are some products that help I use a derma roller and beard oil with growth vitamins it works but its slow results.

What the heck is a "derma roller"?

Ok, I looked it up.
The Titanium Derma Roller has hundreds of micro needles that help trigger the skins natural healing process. When rolled over the face, it essentially tricks the brain into thinking the area has been 'hurt', this triggers additional blood flow that brings vitamins and nutrients that help with Beard Growth.

Uh...... no thanks..

I have a full beard now but just beacuse im lazy. It never really gets that long no matter how long i let it grow?

Now my buddy Ashley... That fella can grow a beard! I guess it off sets the fact that he has a girls name. His has each hair in line with the others and just looks perfect.

Mine looks like someone glued pubic hair to my face after falling asleep at a party....

Strangely enough my lady dont mind it tho.

Merry Christmas bud.

I've had the mustache & goatee for about 40 years, this past October, I let the rest of my facial hair grow. Once it all fills in, I'll trim it up & see how it looks. BTW, mine has a ton of gray in it, so we'll see.

Thanks. My other problem is it looks like crap. Might wait a few years until it is all gray. Kinda looks like dirt now.

I cut mine off because I couldn't stand seeing all that white looking back at me in the mirror :rofl:
Word of warning, don't cut it off right before you leave for a deer hunting trip in Colorado in November without taking insulation. :lol:

Just let it grow once it gets past that ichy length you'll never notice it again. I hate that itchy stage too that why I don't shave lol. I had to shave it back in May for a respirator haven't shaved since. I usally keep a pretty full beard.

View attachment 1715652339

View attachment 1715652340

View attachment 1715652341

In the top picture you look like the guy that flew into the farm in the helicopter in the movie Secondhand Lions.

Eric Balfour
Eric Balfour

Last edited:
What the heck is a "derma roller"?

Ok, I looked it up.
The Titanium Derma Roller has hundreds of micro needles that help trigger the skins natural healing process. When rolled over the face, it essentially tricks the brain into thinking the area has been 'hurt', this triggers additional blood flow that brings vitamins and nutrients that help with Beard Growth.

Uh...... no thanks..

I have a full beard now but just beacuse im lazy. It never really gets that long no matter how long i let it grow?

Now my buddy Ashley... That fella can grow a beard! I guess it off sets the fact that he has a girls name. His has each hair in line with the others and just looks perfect.

Mine looks like someone glued pubic hair to my face after falling asleep at a party....

Strangely enough my lady dont mind it tho.

Merry Christmas bud.
Lol haha you cracked me up the guy named Ashley. Lol I used to work with a guy named Ashley.
The derma roller isn't as bad as it sounds the little needles are so small you don't feel them at all. It actually feels like shaving. Mine looked much like patches of pubic hair a couple years ago and I started using the derma roller and the beard Growth oil it has helped. It's still not as full as I'd like for it to be but it's ok with me it's kinda just whatever hahaha Merry Christmas to you too buddy hope you have a great holidays.

Welcome to the site!! Good to have you!! Yea id be pisssed to!

I have had a beard since I was 18 years old. Only shaved it off once for jaw surgery when I was 25.

Like everyone said, it only itches for the first couple of weeks until it grows in and the sharp edges on the hairs from shaving have rounded off. Mine mainly only itched from weeks 2-3. I shave my cheeks, under my jaw and below my lower lip to keep it shaped. I generally only shave those areas once a week, but if I let them go longer they start to itch.

5684A823-F2C5-4A1E-B786-0DB648B4DDA8.jpeg

Of course if you can’t (or don’t want to) grow a beard, you can always get a Beardo knit face scarf for Winter...

8039ED47-E0D3-4BA9-990E-EFB2C0197D56.jpeg

94176DE6-DF91-4119-8231-DEE0ABF92266.jpeg

CEABBC53-D238-4F4C-90AC-D0B740155B93.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, great first post. I’d be pissed also

View attachment 1715652532

From his screen name, I'd say he must be an Angry Man :)

Welcome to the site!! Good to have you!! Yea id be pisssed to!

Thanks for the welcome. I had the full on Duck Dynasty going. It was made all the worse as now work is letting us grow whatever facial hair we want. Someone up the chain just wanted to be able to say they checked the box and we were N95 compliant.

Last edited:
I used to grow a beard every year, but now that it comes in all white, it just makes me look old. My wife and daughter still like it, but me?? Not so much!

2B1F7C80-E0AA-4A76-B888-93661B7BB627.jpeg

-
Back