Beautiful 15 year old girl killed by guys racing.

-
Rhetorical question, but:

Why is it that the asshole drivers frequently seem to survive these types of accidents, while the innocent victims have to die?

Last edited:
What a shame. I cannot count the times people have egged me on to do something stupid in a poulated area in one of my hot rods. I never have to look very far to identify a potential hazard (driveways, cross street, pedestrians, livestock lol, telephone poles, trees, large drainage gitch etc etc). All of those things are mitigated at the race track. You just worry about getting taken out by a texting kid on mom and dad's golf cart.

When I was 17 I used to race out of the main drag toward home. Directly past a little store.
A little girl was killed by a speeder while she was crossing the road to get to the store.

When I read about it in the paper the ne y day I realized how easily I could have been the guy who hit that little girl.

Even as a dumb teenager that was enough to convince me to confine my shenanigans to unpopulated stretches of road.

I street raced for around 5-6 years. We had the blessing from the local cops for the spot that we raced at. It was a divided four lane expressway that had an unfinished two mile section so most of the country traffic had to get off the exit before. We had 52 cars that raced multiple races on our best night back in the 70’s. The cops were glad we didn’t stop lite race like the generations before us. There were times we raced 6-7 nights a week plus two at the drag strip. I now drive my moms six cylinder 2003 Chevy Malibu on the streets. I rarely attend car shows and car cruises to me are boring so I’ll stick to showing off my horsepower at the track.

Back in the late 70s/early 80s the outskirts of town was just that. Desolate and unpopulated. You just cannot do that kinda thing most places anymore.

Last edited:
As teens we had a street under a large bridge, that was very seldom used as there was a nothing there anymore. We would go down there around midnight, and race until the cops would come and herd us away as they slowly drove towards us with lights on. There was only one way out and sometimes there was a road block, and the police would check out the cars/drivers for violations. A lot of muffler tickets were handed out. There was a fatal accident that killed a spectator and that put and end to it. I get everything from taxi cabs to mini vans trying to get me to "race" them off a stop light. Idiots.

This says it all. Bottom feeder attorney's: 90 mph and 100 mph isn't reckless?

Soliday's lawyer said the charges were a surprise.

"We don't believe that Bill Soliday was acting with any reckless disregard for the value of human life," Casey White told KDKA-TV, "nor was he acting in a malicious manner. This was an accident and a young lady lost her life as a result of this accident, and it's a sad situation. And nothing I will say or do will help the Kalkbrenner family mourning the loss of their daughter."

-
Back