Been 10 years already

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
Its been around or a bit more then 10 years since I drug my formula s out of its field for 200 bucks. I still remember once I had gotten it restored people telling me a 16 year old would destroy that car, wreck it, must be nice to drive dads car etc

Well 10 years and I still haven't put a scratch in it. It gets driven quite a bit. The engine I had assembled(15-16 at the time) all those years ago still runs like the day I put it in. From 6500-7000 rpm shifts, many bottles of nitrous, donuts, line lock burn outs the built 340 takes it.

This car is part of my life and family. I hope for a lot more years of fun. Time does go fast.

[ame]https://youtu.be/4k4XIl_d0RI[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/uYXPyC3q1iM[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/WmxQcJnlcY0[/ame]

Also cleaned this up today and went for a ride

Thanks and not many field pics, It didn't have any rust... It had 3701 miles in 1970 when it was tore apart to make a race car. It has a aluminum sheet metal floor,mini tubbed, sub frame connected and 6 point cage. It had sat in a building until early 90's when it got pushed outside in the field on a concrete pad.

Inside the car under the pile of garbage was 5 brand new fluiddamprs, big block k frame, full n.o.s. front grill,header panel and lower valence, hemi scoop and bunch ofodds and ends

Here area few pictures once I had got started. It was missing engine, tranny, harness, steering column, pedals, steering box, master cylinder and interior had been gutted.

I ended up buying another 340 4 speed 68 formula s a few days later for all the parts to put this one together.

Thanks, as I said I built the car to run it... if it breaks then you fix it.

I wish it was a real aar. It's a 72 but does have a 340 6 pack in it. My dad had owned it for 30 years before I took ownership. It has been painted for around 20 years or so now.

Owning multiply a/e bodys and b body I prefer a bodies better. Just smaller feeling cars. Hard to explain I guess. I rather drive my duster/a body cuda over the ebody cuda any day.

I wish it was a real aar. It's a 72 but does have a 340 6 pack in it. My dad had owned it for 30 years before I took ownership. It has been painted for around 20 years or so now.

Owning multiply a/e bodys and b body I prefer a bodies better. Just smaller feeling cars. Hard to explain I guess. I rather drive my duster/a body cuda over the ebody cuda any day.

This: drive it,to enjoy it. Sweet pair of Mopars there.

1 , 2 , 3 , LOCK BOX I cant wait to get a few video:s KOOKN OUT IN THE OLD BAKARUDA, THAT got me stoked no rain tomorrow got 500 miles on my new tires on the 5 mile drive home last week WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. must be the burple color thang cause mine likes to get driven like a whole lotta rozie too LIKE YOUR STYLE KILLA

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 456
  • 100_1482.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 467
  • 100_1507.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 100_1476.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_1484.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 449
^^^ Winston loves 'Cudas, & Sammy Hagar. "3 lock box", is one of his favorite songs.

AGREE!!

When I put in my 8.75 the wife asks, why do you need to do that, don't we have a cruiser?

I just winked and told her we may need some extra "get up and go" sometime!!:burnout:

Hey where did you get your louvers for your rear window on your barracuda fast back ? I've been trying to find some for mine for a long time

nice fish ;) is that Vega a V8 ?

Yea it is.. just a 13.1 355 with a bunch of good stuff in it. It has a 150 shot and hooked to a munci 4 speed. It gets up and goes. Stopping and turning leaves a lot to be desired though

-
Back