Begining Of The End???

-
The people who keep buying foreign cars can think about this for a while.
If you think you're getting a better deal, or a better car from Japan because R&T magazine told you so, both you and R&T have cut your own nose off to spite your face. Soon there will be no Chrysler Corp. Next there will be no more GM, and then no more Ford Motor Company. It will be a sad day when your only option is to buy a Toiletta, owned by a country that killed 17000 men in 1941. How anyone could hand over money to that country after that, and say that your cars are better than ours, I'll never understand.
Rest in Peace Chrysler Corporation. I'll always own my 1990 Dodge truck. At 200,000 miles, it is just getting broken in.
See you on the other side, old friend. I remember the glory days.

George

WOW this sucks, is it final by the look of the artical they are still in talks so who knows what will happen. Maybe this is the only way that GM can get a platform that will work for the Camaro using the LX.

Though Renault/Nissan are also in there which would not be all that bad at least Chrysler would still be around.

OUT of a JOB yet??Keep buying foreign.(Ford worker)22 years getting ready for some rocky roads ahead.:angry7:

im with you George. Toyota,from the nice people who brought you Pearl Harbor.

Sorry everyone. I was way out of line. There was some truth in what I said but I went about it in way the wrong way. Please accept my apologies. I didn't even see this until today. I forgot all about it.

No more beers and posting for me, lol!

Ramcharger,
I know you responded to Daredevil, but I think you were talking to me so I'll respond.
I deeply respect your fathers sacrifice, and his appreciation for the enemy. I had 3 uncles that fought in WWII.
I will state this however; you mentioned all the bits and pieces of your bloodline, and never once mentioned that you are an American.
If you choose to ride/drive enemy vehicles so be it. It is your choice. Please note that you are always welcome here for a beer or dinner, but your foreign toys will not be allowed on my property whether they are German, Italian, Jap, Chinese or whatever. Even my mother-in-law parked her Mitsubishi in the street when she owned it. My wife told her to do so. She now drives a used Plymouth Town & Country mini van.
That Kawasaki you rode to victory may have been built here, but the proceeds of the sale of that motorcycle went overseas. They didn't stay in the USA. I remember when Harley was a bomb too, but can you still say that?
Standing up for my country and its companies is NOT racist. I am not slandering any people, I am only stating that I will not support an foreign land by buying a foreign car or bike, especially from a country we were at war with. I do realize that you cannot buy American exclusively anymore, so yes, there are items in my house that are of foreign manufacture. But if I have a choice, I will buy the American product. Frankly I would be ashamed of myself to be seen in a foreign car.
I don't own anything that was made by Daimler/Chrysler either. My Truck VIN says Chrysler Corporation on it. So does my Dart. All my Vettes said General Motors Corp on the trim tag as well. My work truck says Ford Motor Company.
I was not trying to offend anyone with my post, just stating my opinion, but if you felt offended by my post, and felt the need to stick up for the enemy, maybe deep inside you are feeling............?
Country loyalty is quickly becoming a thing of the past in the USA, and is evidenced by some of your statements. When foreign cars are accepted here as SOP, it is over. Just another nail in the coffin that was the "Big Three".

Also, please don't threaten me with your dog, I don't appreciate it.

Anyway, having said all that, this is my LAST non-Mopar post. I usually don't get involved in these off topic discussions but I felt I needed to say what I said. Again, one day our (collectively) only choice for a new vehicle will be of foreign manufacture. That will be a sad day indeed no matter how you look at it.

Ramcharger, you have helped me technically in the past on this board, and for that, I thank you, so please don't use this thread as a way to drive a wedge between us. That would be as sad as losing Chrysler Corp, General Motors and Ford Motor Company to the enemy.

George

Actually, if a company is publicly traded, anybody can own shares. There are probably more American owners (shareholders) of Kawasaki than there are Japanese. They sell products all over the world, so shareholders are making money from Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Germans, English, Egyptians...etc.

Regardless of all the politics invovled,
i really think this is a huge mistake on Chevrolets part. Of course they have been trying to monopolize the auto industry since the begining. I have owned a handful of chevys and they all sucked. I own 4 Fords and they are all good vehicles, 98 Taurus 138,000miles, 02 Taurus 170,000miles, 90 F150 323,000miles and a 65 Mutstang. If i ever had a problem with one of my Fords i can always rely on my bulletproof Neon 187,000miles(mitsubishi) or jump into my 67,000 mile 68 Barracuda and bump the key and drive down the road knowing i won't break down in unfamiliar territory. If it wasn't for the 8 miles to a gallon my Cuda gets i would drive it every day!! Needless to say i am gonna really miss MA-MOPAR!!!!

Hey if this all happens and it sounds as though it is going to, I guess that means we will be seeing A-body GM guys showing up on here. Now I guess that is not a problem but will take a bit of getting used to it.

-
Back