best auto trans fluid

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
circle track race 904. what trans fluid do you guys recommend? type F? I just saw a utube vid & the guy says he used a hyd fluid from a tractor place & said it worked fine & was much cheaper (& came in a 5 gal bucket), this video was on a regular rebuild. thank you for your time. RR

Type F has the worst lubrication qualities of any ATF. Read some test results. It’s just the favorite thing on most car guys minds, but it really isn’t an upgrade.

For racing I’d use synthetic. Redline is good stuff. I’d say use a good size cooler and change it often.

the hydraulic fluid is fine for a street car.

Check WorldPac, it’s an auto parts place that mainly services businesses. Should be able to get cheaper than most parts stores..

I couldn't find a listing at worldpac for it. I then Googled redline synthetic trans fluid & there's a bunch of varieties so more homework is needed

circle track race 904. what trans fluid do you guys recommend? type F? I just saw a utube vid & the guy says he used a hyd fluid from a tractor place & said it worked fine & was much cheaper (& came in a 5 gal bucket), this video was on a regular rebuild. thank you for your time. RR
I use 303 tractor fluid, hard to find now they pulled it of course.

Well it would make common sense to just pony up for some good aftermarket synthetic & call it good rather than trying to cheap out.

Isn't type F for Ford? I know that I'm behind the times but I've always used dextron 2

the torque flite will run on darn near anything the important thing is keeping it cool pick a quality oil and a good cooler .

The 303 is available everywhere....it's just been reformulated. I'm not sure I'd run it in your situation, Robert. I think a good synthetic would probably serve you well. It's not necessarily what type fluid, but that you keep it cool in your situation, so a good, BIG cooler will be most important. Of course a good synthetic will run cooler too, so it's a win/win if you run synthetic and a good cooler.

Isn't type F for Ford? I know that I'm behind the times but I've always used dextron 2

90E14681-1247-4B27-AAC4-CF9BA823B79B.jpeg

I've always used B&M Trick Shift fluid with really good results. Just keep it cooled and don't shift too low.

-
Back