Best bet for nice O.E.looking-working booster-72 demon

-

evil 340

Reaction score
Hey all. I m in need of a nice looking-functioning brake booster for my 72 demon that looks like it belongs there. The ram man has them but he wants 450 for just the booster. Do i have any other sources for a factory correct looking booster? Plated or blacked out.
I am also running later model calipers and rotors off of cordoba if that matters for function-o.e. looking sake. Help is appreciated my mopar brethren

I sold a nice-looking and working booster from a 74 Dart to a member here for $15 and no shipping (met him on my way to SoCal). I bought another booster (correct for my 65) & ps gear off craigslist for $40. If you can wait, you don't have to pay big bucks. Buy parts before you need them like I do, if you have storage space. As an interim solution, you could mount a booster/MC from a "cloud car" like I did on my 65 Dart (Avatar photo). That is my final solution, and no problem getting parts for years to come.

I'd like to know more about this "cloud car" booster conversion as I am in the same boat as the OP.Thanks.

I'd like to know more about this "cloud car" booster conversion as I am in the same boat as the OP.Thanks.
I posted photos in the past (search). I had to rat-tail file the holes in the Dart brackets slightly, and use nuts on both sides of the mounting studs, but otherwise no problem fitting it. I kind of recall putting a ring spacer at the lever arm attachment stud. 95-99 Breeze ABS, so I expect other "cloud cars" are identical - Stratus, Cirrus, ... Intrepids have the same booster, but the MC reservoir is inclined. If you go later than 1999, most MC's have bubble flare fittings. You can actually form those w/ a dbl flare tool (youtube), but why bother. The ABS MC's have just 2 ports like we need. I am sure many other boosters could me made to fit. I was just in the Mopar section at the junkyard.

-
Back